How to make tasty Pal Payasam
• 4 cups Whole Milk
• 3 tbsp Sugar to taste
• ¼ cup Short/Medium Grained Rice
• 1 tsp Ghee
• 4-5 Raisins
• Pinch of Saffron
• 1-2 tbsp Nuts (1used Almonds, Pistachios and Cashews)
• ¼ tsp Cardamom Powder
• Heat ghee in a sauce pan
• Add chopped nuts along with raisins in the sauce pan. Set it aside when the raisins get plump and nuts turn reddish brown.
• Roast rice for 2-3 min in the same pan over low heat.
• Add milk to the pan now and let it come to boil over medium-high heat. Stir it occasionally so that the milk does not stick to the bottom.
• It is better to use a non-stick pan, to make sure that the milk does not burn.
• Once the milk is boiled add sugar to it and stir it. Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the milk has reduced to half.
• Once the rice gets cooked and becomes soft and when the milk becomes half, the Payasam is done.
• Add the rest of the ingredients and stir gently till the ingredients combine and then serve it garnished with the remaining nuts.
Tags for this Thread