No matter what complexion you have, there is a colour to suit you.
First of all, you need to know what complexion you have, then there is a lsit of colours best suited.
* Fair - this is a very pale skin tone, an ice-white complexion usuallu accompanied by blonde hair and rosey lips. The best colours for you to wear are; Blue, Red and dark greens, you should generally avoid very pale colours (yellow, peach etc.) as they could wash you out.
* White - This is a white skin tone wearing Brown, pink, red and blue but most colours are fine here. Avoid very pale tones of yellow and brown, these look best with tans.
* Tanned - Olive skin toned, normally dark eyes and hair. You can almost wear any colour and every colour there is, try vibrant, tropical colours as they will emphasise your glowing complexion. Deep Red and baby pink also suit this skin tone. The best thing to do here is wear white as this will compliment your skin.
* Brown - Slightly darker than tanned, dark features. Opt for unique purples and oranges to really highlight your tone. I don't reccomend wearing black though as it will have a 'dulling' affect upon you.
* Dark - A chocolate black complexion. Take advantage of your skin tone and wear soultry colours, blacks, browns and dark purples look gorgeous. You can afford to be more dramatic with your colour choices as nothing should be able to 'wash' you out. I suggest wearing light pinks, deep reds and tropical greens too.
* "Yellow" - An oriental skin tone, a creamy peach complexion. Think very pure whites, you'll look fantastic in it. Accompany whites with very pale colours, particularly pink and blue. The other option is black, very sophisticated.
Now, the above reccomendations are just what i think are the most flattering colours for different complexions but don't let your skin tone restrict you when purchasing clothing of any colour. Wear what you think YOU look good in.