Dressing Ideas - Salwar Kameez
Salwar Kameez Tips
* The kameez should be a little longer in height. It makes you look taller. If your height is around 5 feet 3 inches then your kameez height should be around 47- 48 inches.
* If you have broad shoulders then avoid wearing puffed sleeves.
* If you have fat arms and therefore cannot wear sleeveless then go in for sleeves of about 5 inches length. This will hide the flab on your arms and your hands will look thinner.
* Salwar Kameez can be worn in many styles. Styles keep changing with Trends. Recently big bottoms were in fashion and now short Kurtas Are back in vogue.
* Chudidar looks good on long kameezs or Kurtas. Avoid wearing them on short Kurtas. Chinese collar (closed neck) makes you look tall, but avoid it if you have broad shoulders.
* Wear a Salwar Kameez around your naval area, as it will pull in your stomach.
* If you have the tie strings on your side, it reduces the look of the paunch.
* Tucks might be out of fashion but they give a very good cut to the Kameez.
* Avoid Organza or any stiff cloth if you want to look slimmer.
* Dark colours like maroon, red, blue or brown look very good on dark women.
keywords: dressing Ideas, salwar kameez, styles ,short Kurtas , fashion advice
Basic Tips on Salwar Kameez fashion
Basic Tips on Salwar Kameez fashion
* Using colour to balance your body is a great idea. Wear light colours where you re small and dark colours where larger. For example, if you have large hips, wear dark skirts or pants and a light coloured blouse. Wearing set-in sleeves with shoulder pads will help you to balance wide hips. The shoulder pads will add to your shoulders therefore balancing with your hips.
* Don't choose clothes that are too tight. Clothes that fit well will make you appear slimmer while tight clothes will only add pounds.
* Wear tops or dresses that have a scoop neckline with half or long sleeves to hide heavy arms and draw attention to the face and neck.
* Clothes in solid colours with simple lines will make you appear taller.
* Always break in new shoes before wearing them out for a special occasion.
* Wear straight silhouettes in a solid colour to hide a thick waist.
* The skinner the stripe, the thinner you appear.
* Don't wear black on a hot day or at a wedding.
* A straight cut skirt and full leg pants will hide large thighs.
* To appear shorter, jackets or tops should fall below the hips.
* To appear taller and thinner, try a pinstripe suit.
* Long sleeves should hit just at the wrist bone.
* When you are wearing a white shirt, wear a bra close to your skin colour.
* To hide wide hips, try an a-line style dress.
* Give a new updated look to an old blouse or jacket by sewing on new buttons.
* Pleats add pounds. If you want to look larger through the hips, wear pleats. If you don't, avoid pleats! · If clothes don't fit, have them altered. If they don't fit, they'll remain in the closet.
* One of the biggest trends for spring is denim. You can find it in skirts, shorts, jeans, jackets, and shirts and even kurtas.
* These are the basics measurements you need to find your correct bra size. With a measuring tape, measure around the torso at the underarm level and under the breasts. If the number is odd, add one to it. For example, if your measurement is 35, your bra size will be 36. Next, measure around your bust at its fullest part. Subtract the bra size from this number.
* Choose your accessories wisely. Accessories can completely change the look of an outfit.
Women with larger hips should choose jeans that are generously cut through the hips with a flared leg.
* When losing weight, don't wait to choose wardrobe pieces. Choose pieces that will camouflage problem areas.
MY FASHION ADVICE:
We gives you a brief idea of what goes with each type of body shape
Broad Shoulders Wide necklines, short sleeves and light fabrics help to visually reduce broad shoulders
Big Bust line Never wear V-necks and scoop necks as they emphasise the chest size. High Necks work well, combined with full sleeves they work even better.
Small Bust line Empire Basques, V-Necks and bulkier fabrics create an illusion of a fuller bust line.
Heavy Arms Always wear sleeves that are not fitted yet follow the body line. Avoid heavy and thick fabrics.
Heavy Hips It is important not to wear fitted, short garments that emphasise your hips. Instead wear moderately loose and longer lengths in thicker fabrics to give a longer and leaner look
Dressing Up Tips
Conceal the negatives!
Avoid clothes that draw attention to what you feel are your negative features. For instance, avoid clothing that is too tight -- that will overemphasis your features such as tight jeans or lycra tops, light coloured pants / skirts, especially if you favour dark tops. A general rule to follow is the rule that your tops should not be darker than your bottoms. Especially if you are well endowed in the hip area.
Another good rule is, at the very least, you should match colours of tops and bottoms. If not, draw attention to the upper waist area by wearing dark coloured (not necessarily black) pants / skirts and vibrant coloured tops, with or without prints.
Wearing the Wrong Colours
This is one of the biggest fashion mistakes that you can commit. Just remember one thing that all colours don't suit your skin tone. The colour that looks great on your colleague or the actress you saw in the soap might not look great on you. Infact it might look the contrary. Therefore you have to learn to recognise which colour suits you and also the profession to which you are associated. Experiment with different colours and stick with the palettes that look best on you, regardless of what's hot and happening. Don't waste your money on clothes that make you look pale and ugly.
Broken nails, chipped polish
Manicure is a must. Keep your nails clean and evenly trimmed. Always have clippers and a nail file in your purse and desk at work for emergencies. If you're in a business environment, stick with conservative nail polish colours at work and save the sparkly/neon/funky looks for weekends and vacations. Don't grow your nails too long if you are working. If you're in a business environment, stick with conservative nail polish colours at work and save the sparkly/neon/funky looks for weekends and vacations.
Dressing Up Tips
Dressing up consumes a lot of time because it is confusing and mind-boggling. Sometimes it is very difficult to decide upon what to wear for a particular occasion and whether what we are wearing looks good on us or not. When we are dressing ourselves, we must learn the basic principle of dressing up, and that is to keep a sense of our own personal style apparent. Otherwise, we will feel made up or unattractive, because we are trying to duplicate someone else's look, instead of learning to develop our own sense of style that best suits our body frame, clothing preferences and personality.
Proper Makeup is an important aspect of fashion. For every occasion you require an appropriate makeup i.e., light for day, heavier for evening, sheer for sports etc. You wear different clothes for different activities in you life; similarly your makeup should change as per occasion.
Tags for this Thread