Side Effects Of Soft Drinks
* It has been experimentally proved that soft drinks are one of the prominent reasons for obesity. The weight gain is directly related to the amount of soft drink that a person takes in. With every single can, people unknowingly add many extra calories to their body weight.
* Another very common effect of soft drinks is diabetes. With every can of soft drink, people add large amount of sugar in their body. Long habitual intake of soft drinks can lead to ineffective insulin production from pancreases which consequently affect the sugar level in the body. This further leads to diabetes.
* It has been proved that frequent consumption of soft drink can lead to weakening of the bones and osteoporosis. Soft drinks impair the calcification of the growing bones in children.
* Studies also say that soft drinks increase the risk of tooth decay. The acidic content of soft drinks can dissolve the tooth enamel and make them weaker. It is recommended that people should avoid taking soft drinks between meals to prevent dental erosion and tooth decay.
* This fact may shock you, but is quite true. Researches have proved that constant and habitual intake of soft drink can lead to kidney stones formation. This happens because of the acidic and mineral radical balance. The body tries to buffer the acidity caused by the soft drinks with the calcium from the bones. This leads to calcium erosion, which ultimately gets settled in the kidney in the form of stones.
* Soft drink also leads to impaired digestive system. Soft drink contains phosphoric acid which competes with the hydrochloric acid present in stomach and affects its functioning. The ineffectiveness of stomach leads to undigested food which further causes indigestion and gassiness.
* Soft drinks cause dehydration in the body. Both the sugar and caffeine components of soft drinks are dehydrating agents. They both lead to excess urination, which makes you thirstier than before.
* Soft drinks have strong caffeine content. Caffeine causes irritability, restlessness, tension, high blood pressure, excessive urination and other side effects. It is also believed that soft drinks increase blood pressure. Some studies also claim that soft drink has harmful effects on liver.
* The sweetener used in soft drinks is Aspartame. It is 200 times sweeter than normal sugar and is far more harmful with many side effects.
Next time, when head towards the refrigerator or a store to satiate your thirst with a can of soft drink, make sure you remind yourself of all the side effects that gulping down the beverage will bring forth.
Keywords: Health care, disease, heart care, food care,side effect of soft drink
Soft drinks particularly the cola tastes extremely good and gives a feeling of being refreshed. Whether it is a party, marriage or treat there is no celebration without these soft drinks and they have considerably become inevitable.
Instead of occasionally having these drinks, people these days have started using it as an alternative for water and other natural drinks. There has been a remarkable rise in the consumption of the soft drinks and much of the credit goes to those alluring advertisements. Youngsters are mainly targeted through these advertisements and it is them who are going to suffer a lot due to their ignorance and negligence.
Last edited by minisoji; 02-18-2011 at 11:08 AM.
High blood pressure and related heart problems .The excessive amount of sweetener results in high blood pressure which in turn causes dizziness and increased heartbeat. Increased heartbeat paves the way for the disorder related to heart and may even cost you your life.
Last edited by cliffkelly; 03-01-2011 at 05:50 AM.
Tags for this Thread