View Poll Results: Should intelligent design be taught in public schools?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, all students should be exposed to it

3 60.00%
  • Yes, but only if a majority of parents demand it

2 40.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should schools teach "Intelligent Design" or Evolu

Free Thought used to be a liberal position. What Happened?

Quote Originally Posted by resist
    ID is pseudo-science, it is the last try for the evangelical christians to keep their followers.

Until someone can test the claims of ID, provide evidence, and the experimentation can pass peer review, it is not even a real theory.

Because ID has failed every possible test that has been applied to it, and there are only a few portions of the idea that actually are testable in the first place, it is not scientific.
    they even tried to hire scientists to prove their position and after a few years of searching, the scientists came back and said that the claims were proposterous

man created god when man was young like a child creates an imaginary friend, but a a child gets older and can understand the world throuch science, he doesn't need god anymore and should also grow out of him, thatl's just my opinion, and i don't mean to offend anyone, i mean if creationists can come up with some SCIENTIFIC evidence, i'll listen but otherwise it doesn't make anysense to me

and also science is the forming of theroies based on evidence, not making up a theory and trying (unsucessfully) to come up with evidence to support it

the other thing about creationists is that yhey expect you to listen to, and take in as fact their fake evidence and they won't even take a second to consider the logicality of the counter evidence

oh yeah, and can you guess my position?abig NO :o from waderedsox

Why not teach them both? Then they can decide for theirselves. Thats what i was told and i know what i believe.

Default Voting NO

Since you did not leave us a choice to vote no, I must do so here. A theory has to have EVIDENCE backing it. I mean provable evidence.

We as a country have allowed religion and churches to become WAY to involved in government and politics. The last thing we need is religous indoctronation in our schools. I have thought for a long time that private schools should be be allowed to be religon based in any way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12