Thread: Whoa 10th Planet?

Default Whoa 10th Planet?

Anyone heard about this? Our scientists are making some strides here. The 10th planet could be 2003 UB313. Read all about it from my website.
    Or California astronomers at Mount Palomar observatory describe as "definitely bigger" than the planet Pluto. The object has already been dubbed the tenth planet by the discoverers, NASA, and some media outlets, but it is not yet clear whether it will be widely accepted as a new planet or not. It has at least one moon, which will enable investigators to measure the mass of the system.

Its bigger than Pluto for gods sake. Well I hope they will name it to a more suitable name than just UB313.

As far as i noe there is more then 10th planet ...only yet to be discovered ....since we are in a universe and the it keep expanding thus more planets soon to be discovered

I believe that as we send more spacecraft out to explore the solar system, we may find more planets out there. I say that the person who started this thread was a spammer, but it really is an interesting topic. For my whole life, everybody thought there were only 9 planets, but if you look back in history, humans have consistently had the wrong impression of the solar system. We used to think the earth was flat and that the sun revolved around the earth. We may very well find out that there are 11 or 12 or 13 planets in our solar system, but they may be way out past Pluto. It will be interesting to see what happens as technology gets better....

I betcha there are tons of planets out there, I bet there's even one like earth somewhere out there, but who knows, we'll find out some day.