Thread: Sticky VS Announcement

Default Sticky VS Announcement

What is the difference in 'sticky' and 'Announcement'? Does one above another?

Thanks

Default Re: Sticky VS Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by 2Fast4u_ScionTC
    What is the difference in 'sticky' and 'Announcement'? Does one above another?

Thanks
    "Announcements" are a special type of topic. In the View Forum page, "Announcements" appear above all other topics (at the top of the forum). Announcements will also appear on every View Forum page. For instance, if you had 75 topics in a forum and 50 on each page, announcements would appear on the page with the first 50 topics and on the page with the last 25 topics.

To make a topic into an announcement, simply select the Announcement radio button on the posting form. The top post of a topic must be specified as Announcement for the topic to be an Announcement.

"Sticky" topics are another special type of topic. In the View Forum page, "Sticky" topics appear above all other topics except for Announcements. "Sticky" topics only appear on the first View Forum page.

"Normal" are all the rest. That is they will normally run in the order posted unless the moderators physically move the thread to a different position.

I think the terms relate to their use and nature. Announcements are coming from the organizers of a site and may often include important information relating to the site for example. Sticky is a term used in web design to describe a site that keeps people interested, "glued" to the site. In this case it also sticks at the top of the list and doesn't get pushed down by newer threads.

thanks man, I have one offtopic question though, how come the forums don't accept aol email addresses?

Quote Originally Posted by 2Fast4u_ScionTC
    thanks man, I have one offtopic question though, how come the forums don't accept aol email addresses?
    I don't know why BizHat don't accept AOL Address(es). :lol: