Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Frontpage vs Dreamweaver

I agree Frontpage made it easier than Dreamweaver, but when come to the Front Page Extension then it quite hassle.

Default idk

ive only ever used dreamweaver. im not too happy with it because from what ive seen so far its very plain and u cant do much with it.

so idk if i can help u here.

Well i prefer Dreamweaver because it offers best options for coding. I think its more pratic.

Default Font page vs dreamwever

font page is very efficient for web designer and devoloper also
    because in fotn page code editing and include jsp or php into that is very easy

I have never used Frontpage (well, I've played around a little bit but not enough to really be able to do anything- it was on a computer at school), and I downloaded Dreamweaver so that I could use it to update the web page for my role play on a friend's server. Honestly, I think I would much rather use Frontpage than Dreamweaver. Dreamweaver is very frustrating to me in trying to set it up. I think I was pretty much imagining it to be like a WYSYWIG editor, where all you have to do is type in the context or insert images and stuff (kind of like the page builder for Geocities), and it wasn't. It's way more frustrating than I thought it would be.

I much prefer Dreamweaver, it is much more oriented at someone who actually knows what they're doing (not that I do). Those of you who bought it looking for a WYSIWYG solution (because of course you all pay for your software ) definitely made a bad move. In my experience its more oriented on custom coding combined with easy maintenance through text editing as well as providing a few complex operations through a point and click style interface. It's built into the adobe suite now, so it also provides better integration with other programs like photoshop, fireworks, etc. Pages produced with frontpage tend to look like crap because it doesn't require a lot of effort and is simple to use. By providing such tools we actually are making the web look worse because teachers and others who previously stayed away from the web now can create pages simply (but with no sense of design).

I've just signed up to BizHat to get some space to run some of my students work...

We're using Dreamweaver MX2004....and I must admit their eyes glaze over at times with the amount of controls and options available.

On the other hand, if they are going on to University, the staff there will not be using FrontPage....

Cheers, MrM

Dreamweaver is better than Frontpage... dreamweaver as lot feature to add in the site.....

Dreamweaver MX, for its ease of use, reliability, and wide acceptance to hosting.

Default prefer dreamwaver for the website

I realy belive that those who knows and manage html , asp , php , dhtml etc . . .
    There is no diference between these two softwares , but for those who dont realy know about programming Frontpage Is easyer and more freindly for the begginer user

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast