Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Frontpage vs Dreamweaver

Default Re: hi

Quote Originally Posted by motoriks
    hi i am new user. i wait your supports
    If you haven't use either i would suggest using both Front Page and Dreamweaver MX and see which you prefer. Both are good programs but start with Front Page because of its "pick up and play" kinda style then go into Dreamweaver for the more "know what your doing" kinda style.

I think Dreamwaver is the better software to webdesigners, Dreamwaver have a lot of resources for amateur and advanced users.

I prefer dreamweaver MX than frontpage, because you can easily edit pictures, create menu buttons(using fireworks), insert flash text and buttons. but somebody told me that frontpage is better because its cross browser compliant.

I'm not as smart as all of you, however, I have to say that FrontPage is easier to use but Dreamweaver 8 (Flash, Fireworks, etc.) is a much more comprehensize program that can provide the breadth of design necessary to compete with the best web pages. Being ignorant of Dreamweaver, I've checked out books from the library on Dreamweaver, and I am now on my way to a serious-looking web page. I'll post here upon completion.

Hello eveyone,

I have been into web design from last 6 years. I have coded pages manually for 2 years and then started using frontpage and later DreamWeaver. Now I have finally settled for DreamWeaver since its the software that has all tools to create state of art websites and also to handle large static website with ease. They have builtin file transfer software which is far better than Front page and so there is no need of a seperate FTP software for the beginner.

Secondly the fact is Frontpage no doubt is for the beginner are who dont want to get down and dirty in creating great sites. When you start using DreamWeaver first you would face difficulty since its too diverse but once you get used to it there is no looking back.

And with the release of Macromedia 8 there is no doubt its the best.

Quote Originally Posted by duluth
    I'm not as smart as all of you, however, I have to say that FrontPage is easier to use but Dreamweaver 8 (Flash, Fireworks, etc.) is a much more comprehensize program that can provide the breadth of design necessary to compete with the best web pages. Being ignorant of Dreamweaver, I've checked out books from the library on Dreamweaver, and I am now on my way to a serious-looking web page. I'll post here upon completion.
    I'm not expert with Frontpage nor Dreamweaver but i kinda like the last one. I think it depends on the user too.

I prefer FrontPage, it's easier to use.
    I'm trying to use Dreamweaver but I can't. It's a little complicated

I would rank myself Inter or better at webmaking, and Dreamweaver is complicated to me, everything is disorented for me.

The colors are kind of confusing at first, but got easily used to them.

I thought the FTP looked same to me as Frontpage 2003.

I'm not good at web development at all. LOL.

ancient coder you are right dreamweaver looks too complicated at first. And by looking at all the options we just give up.
    But you dont give up. Its worth a try. Just spend few hours everyday working on dreamweaver and after that you will never leave it.

I am currently using Dreamweaver MX 2004 which I had purchased along with orth apps last year. By end of this year I will buy the latest version of all software. I have read the reviews DreamWeaver n Flash 8 r rocking.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast