Thread: Venice of the east-Alappuzha

Default Venice of the east-Alappuzha

Hello,
    I am new to this site.I want to tell you something about my native place.It is in the state of Kerala-the southernmost state of India.It is Alappuzha also called the venice of the east...rightly so as the said land is divided by canals and backwaters.The place has a lovely beach.The people are cheerful and has a helping nature.The backwater views are breathtaking and few places in the world come close to it.You can make a tour of the backwaters in house boats with all the facilities.There are many old temples and places where history sleeps.If you want to know more about Alappuzha please feel free to contact me.
    Good day,
    Jayraj

Default My own country

ALAPUZHA (Alleppey) - Onam snake boat race is the main tourist attraction (Aug/Sept), boating through the backwaters from Alalpuzha to Kollam or Kottayam is scenic, Ambalapuzha temple (25 km), Mannarasala temple at Haripad, Kanichukulangara temple - Shivratri festival & fire works, Marari beach, Arthunkal church (20 km) - Festival on Jan 20 are popular religious places to be visited.

Kerala - Known as God's own country/spice garden of India. One of the ten most beautiful places in the world (Kumarakom, Kottayam) by National Geographic Traveller. Famous for Snake boat race at Alapuzha, Kathakali dance, Ayurveda system of healing, houseboats, backwaters and beaches.

Alapuzha photos