Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How should we keep ourselves healthy

Hi Friends, I got a very informative pdf document that tells everything about Back Pain.

Chapters about "Good Postures", "Exercise" and "Tips for healthy back" is must read for all of us who spend so much time sitting in front of the machine.

Hope you would find it useful. In software industry, where people sit for a long time, we need to be careful and aware about the do's and don'ts.

Share it among your family and help others being healthy :-)

Link to the file :
    Click here to open the file

File Type - pdf
    File Name - BackPain.pdf
    File Size - 702 KB

Nice to see you started a health thread, Neeraj. I found some good advice I hadn't heard of before. Moreover, I consider this an important matter - and, unfortunately, an underrated one - and I will try to give a small piece of advice as well - which is mainly about stress relief.

Apart from walking, stretching also helps relieve stress and feel better - our joints need it, too. I do it and find great pleasure in it as well.
    If you have a small aquarium, try watching your fish for a few minutes every day. It is one of the most relaxing and soothing sights in the world.
    Cuddling furry animals like cats and little dogs can reduce stress in a big amount. Actually, cats are used in some hospitals and have a big success in soothing down the patients before a surgery or even on a daily basis.

Just some thoughts. If anyone finds them helpful, then I'll be happy.

That's a nice point dear Kakashi-san.

Stretching is a nice thing to do especially when we are in the habit of sitting for a longer period of time. I do it and enjoy it. It relaxes our muscles and our mind works better.

Then - information about "Cuddling furry animals like cats and little dogs" is something new to me and it is quite informative. Hope people would get benefitted with that as well.

Aquarium - I am planning to get one for me for such a long time. Sometimes, I act lazy when I think of the kind of care that these small water creatures need from our side. But surely I would manage to get one soon. Thanks kakashi-san for reminding me that.

Well kakashi seems to be back in the forum
    I havent seen him posting for long time

Anyaway pets do give a relief from stress
    so better to own one

I'm glad that you found my information valuable. I just read the pack pain document and I did the exercises. The result astonished me. I feel much better and the sunrays coming through my window were a great help, too. I feel vivid and alive - at least, more than I did 20 minutes ago.

Aquariums can be very expensive - but you can always get a small one with a few money. You will only have to buy a special fishbowl with a water cleaning filter and add some fish that live in the same temperature - that is always the tricky part about fish.
    Or, if you don't want a water cleaning filter, you can buy some fish called "cleaners" or something like that. They actually eat other fish's filth.

Another small piece of advice for a healthy life:
    I don't remember if it was said before, but I'll say it just in case. People should get 10 minutes of direct sun exposure every morning. It causes some hormones to be produced which results in a feel of serenity and calm happiness.

If someone plants beans or lentils and waits for a day or two until the green part of the plant comes out, one can have a very healthy and nutritional salad ingredient.
    I don't know the word in english, but these just-awakening-plants are very healthy and you can add a few to your salad and make it much more nutritious - actually that's because the older the plant gets, the more it loses it's nutrtional value.

That's all for now. Please keep posting in this wonderful thread.

Thanks for the advices kakashi and neeraj singh.

Thanks a lot for your valuable post kakashi-san.

I would try to follow what you said and I know I would be benefitted from that.

We all would keep updating this thread.

Cheers,
    Neeraj

That was a warning bell!

As you know chmical released by plastic water bottles can cause cancer (It is not the water that affects you a but the chemical released from the bottle)

How to avoid: Check the bottom of the bottle there should be a triangle sign and there will be a number on it. If the number is higher than or equal to 5 --> then this bottle is safe to use. Numbers under 5 will
    release the chemical. For most bottled water, the number is 1.

Remember to check and stop reusing those bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by indianbaba
    That was a warning bell!
    That's true indianbaba. Because, when I saw this for the first time, I was also surprised and I checked the bottle that I was using here. I found the number written as 4. Also there was a symbol PET written there. The brand of bottle that I was using is Pearl Pet. I will change my bottle now.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast