Thread: Fantastic Make up Tricks for Dark Skin

Thumbs up Fantastic Make up Tricks for Dark Skin

1. CHOOSE YOUR FOUNDATION WISELY . GET IT RIGHT AND YOU’LL LOOK FABULOUS EVEN IF YOU WON’T BE FOLLOWING UP WITH NOTHING MORE THAN A BIT OF MASCARA AND A COAT OF CLEAR LIP GLOSS. GET IT WRONG AND NO AMOUNT OF SUPER-AWESOME PRO MAKEUP TRICKS WILL BE ABLE TO UNDO THE DAMAGE. PAY VERY CLOSE ATTENTION TO UNDERTONES LADIES, AS THEY ARE THE ONES TO ENSURE A PERFECT FIT AND HAVE IN MIND THAT HAVING DARK SKIN DOESN’T NECESSARILY MEAN YOU IN THE “WARM SKIN TONE” GROUP. CHECK THE VEINS ON THE INSIDE OF YOUR ARM – IF THEY SEEM GREEN YOU SHOULD EXPERIMENT WITH WARM RED, YELLOW, ORANGE AND GOLDEN UNDERTONES, IF THEY SEEN BLUE,

2. Conceal like a Pro , Got a noticeable birthmark or a couple of darker/lighter spots threatening to ruin your picture-perfect facade? Well, it’s time for a concealer to do its magic! The keyword here is “concealer” not a foundation and I’m pointing this out because a neutralizing shade needed to mask those small imperfections usually needs to be one to two shades lighter than your skin tone and, as such, can make the rest of the face appear dull, ashy or unnatural-looking if applied all over.
    3. Give Bright Eyeshadows a Go , Taking it a step further than a standard smoky eye look will help you look magazine-cover fantastic this summer so get your shimmery, neon, bright&fun shades out and start experimenting with different looks to compliment your fantastic complexion. I lash Daytime makeup for dark skin can be made a bit brighter or glitzier as well, providing you’re comfortable with such looks, of course. Gold and bronzy glitz is pretty much a must have in case your skin tone is warm (opt for silver in case yours is cool) and even a subtle thing such as using it to highlight inner corners of your eyes will make them pop and appear much bigger and brighter.
    4. Have Fun with Your mascara

Want to try something new without having to feel like you’re using Cirque du Soleil for inspiration? Well, this next of my makeup tricks for dark skin is something you’ll definitely want to try! Get yourself a fun bright or glitzy (or both!) mascara to use on the very tips of your lashes! You can keep the choice as simple as gold VS. silver (depending on the warm/cool character of your eye color) or take your look further by using aquamarine, frosty pink, lilac and even yellow to make your blue or gray eyes pop and jade

5. Explore Different Brands
    How useful makeup tricks can be in case you have absolutely no idea where to look for your must-have basics! Not a lot, I suppose! But fear not, as there are a few safe bets out there which are guaranteed to provide you with a perfect shade of foundation, an awesome concealer and pretty much everything a girl needs to prep her face before the actual “painting” can begin.
    Last edited by minisoji; 10-05-2012 at 09:26 AM.