While her pairing with Saif Ali Khan has worked on almost every occasion, Deepika Padukone is now all set to enjoy a cent percent record with Shahrukh Khan. However one Khan with whom her pairing has not yet happened, despite both keen to work with each other, is Salman. Now this is also a regret that she is carrying till date.

"Deepika has been around for over half a decade but somehow her pairing with Salman is just not happening," states an insider, "Both want to work with each other and while Deepika is but naturally keen to be associated with Salman, even the actor (who is very particular about the leading ladies he pairs up with) has absolutely no issues around her being a part of his films. However due to some reason or the other, just when it seems like roads have been cleared on their partnership, something or the other doesn't quite fall in place, hence resulting in the duo waiting for another day."

In the meanwhile, Deepika has managed to make her place under the sun by scoring two back to back hits with Saif Ali Khan (RACE 2, COCKTAIL), one all time blockbuster with Ranbir Kapoor (YEH JAWAANI HAI DEEWANI and another impending biggie with Shahrukh Khan (CHENNAI EXPRESS). Add to that an epic in the offering with Rajinikanth (KOCHADAIIYAAN) and the only superstar missing in her repertoire is Salman Khan.

"I think Salman and I are like star crossed lovers. Somehow we are always so close to doing a film and that sort of never happens," sighs Deepika, "There is no reason why I wouldn't want to work with him. I love him. He along with Shahrukh are actors whom I have adored since the start of my career. When he sees my film, watches an ad of mine or sees my poster somewhere while travelling, he lets me know what he feels about it. He is constantly in touch. Hopefully we will do a film together soon."

Will that film turn out to be Sooraj Barjatya's next or the one that follows after that? Let's wait and watch.

Deepika More stills

Keywords:Saif Ali Khan, Deepika Padukone , Shahrukh Khan, partnership,RACE 2, COCKTAIL, Ranbir Kapoor ,YEH JAWAANI HAI DEEWANI ,CHENNAI EXPRESS,Rajinikanth ,KOCHADAIIYAAN, Salman Khan, Sooraj Barjatya,Hindi film news,Bollywood film news