* Spray a little bit of hairspray over the pen ink on the wall. Then take some alcohol on a clean cloth and wipe the stain. The combined effect of the alcohol and hairspray removes the pen ink stain. Some hairsprays are alcohol based, and so, there is no need to add extra alcohol.
* Ink erasers are effective but some may even peel out the paint. It is better to gently rub continuously till the ink is removed.
* Take a piece of cotton and add a few drops of alcohol to it. Now use the cotton to rub the ink away.
* To remove water based ink stain or when the stain is still fresh, place a clean paper towel over the stain, and apply water to it with a sprayer. Then place another paper towel and blot the ink without rubbing.
* Mix powdered or liquid detergent in a sprayer and then spray it over the ink stain. Leave it for five minutes and then wipe it using a clean cloth soaked in hot water. Repeat the process until the stain is removed.
* Apply toothpaste to the ink in the wall and let it sit for ten minutes. Then using a clean cloth, wipe it clean. Make sure that the toothpaste is white and not any gel or color based.
* Nail polish remover can also be used to remove the ink stains from walls but sometimes it may strip off the paint too. It can be used safely for tiles. Antibacterial hand gel is also found to be good at removing stains made by ink. Add the gel on the ink and leave it for some time. Then using a cloth or cotton, wipe the gel away.
* Mix baking soda and a little water and apply it to the stains in the wall. Keep for sometimes and then wash it off. You can also mix toothpaste along with baking soda. Apply it to the wall and let it dry. Then gently scrub it off.
* Aerosol or aerosol-based hair spray can also be used, but it is toxic and may have harmful effects.