Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which is your favourite director of all time and why?

Quote Originally Posted by sibichan1 View Post
    My favorite director is Gautham Vasudev Menon

Why i like

He always gives something different in his movies. I like all of his movies.

The very special thing is "movie climax will be different". No one can expect such a climax.

Gautham Menon Profile,Biogrphy,Movies

Name: Gautham Menon
    Sex: Male
    Date of Birth: 25 Feb 1973
    Place of Birth: Ottapalam, Palakkad District, Kerala

ABOUT GAUTHAM MENON:
    Gautham Vasudev Menon is an Indian film director and producer in Tamil Nadu, India. Many of his films have been critically acclaimed, most notably his action-thrillers Kaaka Kaaka, Vettaiyaadu Vilaiyaadu and Vaaranam Aayiram.

Education
    Gautham Menon was born to Keralite father and Tamil mother. He did Mechanical Engineering in Mookambikai College of Engineering in Trichy, Tamil Nadu.

Film career

He was an ad film maker, shooting various commercials after a good apprenticeship under noted filmmaker Rajiv Menon. He worked as an assistant director for Minsaara Kanavu.He also played a cameo role in the film. He started his own ad agency "Photon Factory" before moving to cinema which is now recognized as a film production company.

His first film was Minnale in Tamil with R. Madhavan, Abbas and Reema Sen playing the lead roles. The film was a huge hit because of its young and peppy story, brilliant comic timing from the acclaimed comedian Vivek and also because of some new lilting music from debutante music director, Harris Jeyaraj.

Gautham immediately received the chance to remake the film in Bollywood. He did so, retaining Madhavan as in the lead role, this time having Diya Mirza playing the female lead role. Rehna Hai Tere Dil Mein however did not have much success in the Hindi film industry.

Gautham returned to Tamil cinema in 2003 with Kaaka Kaaka, starring Surya Sivakumar, Jyothika Saravanan and Jeevan. Gautham, himself, appeared in a cameo role as a senior police officer. With R. D. Rajashekar on the camera, Anthony in editing and again with Harris Jeyaraj handling the music, the film was a box-office record breaker.

Gautham again got offers from various quarters to remake the film. This time he remade the film in Telugu with

Venkatesh in the lead. But the facts reveal that some of the scenes were as is replicated from the English movie Se7en.

After that, Gautham had the opportunity to make another action/adventure thriller film with Kamal Hassan in a pivotal role. Thus, he started Vettaiyadu Villaiyadu. The unit faced a lot of problems due to the producer's suicide attempt[1]. However they overcame all that and the film was released in August 2006. The director plays a cameo dancing at the back in the song, Manjal Veiyil. The film came to be the biggest grosser of 2006.

Gautham's Pachaikili Muthucharam with Sarath Kumar and Jyothika Saravanan in 2007 was a critical acclaim but bombed at the box office. His next release, Vaaranam Aayiram with Surya Sivakumar, Simran Bagga, Sameera Reddy and Divya got released on November 14, 2

008.It is claimed as biggest hit of 2008. It has received the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Tamil for 2008.
    His next directorial ventures will be Chennaiyil Oru Mazhaikalam with Trisha, Satish along with newcomers, and Vinnai Thaandi Varuvaaya again with Trisha along with Silambarasan.

Gautham's response to Harris Split "The decision not to work together was not mine.Hope everyone got that".

Following the commence Ajith Kumar’s Aegan in late December 2007, reports indicated that Ajith Kumar will act in a film produced by Sivaji Productions directed by Gautham Menon. later it was Dropped.

And now producer Dhayanidhi Alagiri of Cloud nine Productions who before produced Vaaranam Aayiram, for Gautham informed that Ajith's 50th film will be direct by Gautham menon.

Filmography

Minnale
    Rehna Hai Tere Dil Mein
    Kaaka Kaaka
    Gharshana
    Vettaiyadu Villaiyadu
    Pachaikili Muthucharam
    Vaaranam Aayiram
    Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa
    Ye Maaya Chesave
    Nadunisi Naaigal
    Yes he is the mosttalented and very good director in Kollywood.
    Mr.Gautam is my all time favorite director.He is such a talented guy and well experienced guy,He have planned his movies and such romantic director..
    My favorite movies from his is Kakha Kakha and Vinnai Thandi Varuvaiya.He is well romantic film making director.All his movies based on Love..The most expected film by his coming soon that is Nee Thane En Pon Vasantham.I am waiting to see and its going to hit screen this month.Thank you

The Topic Has Been Cleaned

Post Goutham Men--n One of the great director Yeto Velli Poyindhi Manasu

• Yeto Velli Poyindhi Manasu it is one of the fourth coming movie

My favorite director is Abas mustan & priyadarshan. Abas mustan creates thriller & suspenseful movies where as priyadarshan movies have nice story & concept. I like the movies of both the directors.

My is Yash chopra.
    I love his movies very much.

Mine is Wes Anderson. I love how he builts these strange characters and situations.
    Last edited by misspiggy; 01-09-2013 at 11:59 AM.

M. Night Shyamalan...I like his The Sixth Sense very much.

VISHAL BHARADWAJ AND SANJAY LEELA BHANSALI ,
    i think all because they make movies in a very different way and make us feel the reality of life in a pleasant and right way at right time........

In Hollywood James Cameron
    In Bollywood Yash Chopra

​James Cameron is one of my fav director. His every movies is great as of direction...

Raja Mouli is top director in India.

Why I Like

I like Rajamouli direction due to he will take care of each and every shot looking good or not.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast