Clerical Resume Tips
A clerical resume must present the information quickly, clearly and in a way that makes your experience relevant to the position in consideration. That means condensing your information to its most powerful form.
First of all analyze your career aspects and the kind of job profile you need.
* Research about your career alternatives and organizations of interest before starting your resume.
* Organize your thoughts and ideas into your resume.
* Refer to resume samples from various guides.
Contact Information :
1. Full name
2. Campus and permanent addresses
3. Telephone numbers
4. Email address
Objective : An objective must be a short and specific statement that includes position, industry and/or relevant skills.
'Seeking a position within a company, where professional experience, education and abilities stand as an advantage for personal growth'.
Education : In reverse chronological order, required information includes:
1. Degree(s) and major
2. Date of graduation (month and year)
3. Universities you attended
4. Location of universities (city and state)
5. Any certifications or licenses related to your degree
Special Skills : Most typically includes computer and language skills. May also include job specific skills of any sort:
* Computer skills: List languages, systems and programs.
* Language skills: Specify language and your level of proficiency.
Experience : List the recent experience first. Emphasize on your achievements and contributions to the company.
1. Job title
2. Employer name and location (city and state)
3. Dates of employment
4. Active description of your responsibilities and achievements
Activities : You may want to list your extra-curricular activities that involve organizations, clubs, student governments, athletics and professional affiliations. You may use action verbs to describe your responsibilities and accomplishments just as you did in the Experience section.
Here are a few important tips that can help you build an effective clerical resume providing an opportunity to enhance your career.
Prioritize Job Duties By Importance : Make a list of every duty that you perform on the job. Then prioritize your list, starting with the most important duty.
For example: Highest level skills : Managing the office, providing customer service, coordinating with manufacturers, dealing with key accounts and overseeing cash disbursements. Low level skills were answering the phone, maintaining files etc.
Market Your Top Skills : To advance your career, focus on your best skills. Here's a list of skills that can be used as headings in your clerical resume. For example: Office Management, Customer Service to Key Accounts, Manufacturing Liaison / Troubleshooting, Accounting / Cash Disbursements etc.
Keywords: Clerical Resume Tips,experience ,Resume Model,Key Accounts, Manufacturing Liaison,Troubleshooting, Accounting ,Cash Disbursements ,Prioritize Job ,professional experience, education , abilities ,advantage
Tags for this Thread