Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SPAMMER'S STAY BACK

Default SPAMMER'S STAY BACK

WHAT YOU THINK THAT A MODERATOR MUST DO WHEN A SPAM IS FOUND..I HAVE MY OWN VIEWS ,, PARTICIPATE IN THIS DISCUSSION..I WANT TO KNOW PEOPLE MENTALITY AND THEIR VIEW OF ADMIRING OTHERS...

NO SPAM MSG HERE...

UR FRIENDLY MODERATOR...
    ADHI....

My own view with spammers is that their posts should be deleted instantly. if for eg a spammer gives a link for other forum, u will ban him. But his sole purpose of advertising his forum gets carried on bcos we continuously see the topic.

It is bad to see Spammers posting useless replies and simply quoting others.

Give a warning once or max twice. Then chuck them out of the forum.

Default Instantly ban the spammer

I feel that we should not give space to any kind of spamming activities. Just act strictly even at the cost of losing some genuine member. If they are really interested they would join in once again by different username. This is NOT called policing. THis would create a culture among all of us and would encourage others to atleast read the posts till they don't have something good to share.

- If any post seems to be irrelevant - the member should be banned instantly and this should depend upon the sole descretion of the mod / admin.

- Please delete all the irrelevant posts and replies as well eventhough they are NOT spams on the first hand but they act as friction when a new member tries to go through all the previous posts.

- It takes a lot of effort on a visitor part to find his comfortable zone in the forum. And only the quality previous posts can help to their cause.

Default reply

Hello, I'm new. When I read the rules, was cautioned not to post too much, like three or four posts after another. This confuses me, because I like to post reply's to lots of threads. So, threading carefully.

Then I go to post a General Advertisement and see quite a lot of posts, one after another from this member: talentwatch2

So is that allowed or is that considered spam? On other forums I've often been known to post one word replies which is not allowed here. But sometimes one word is all it takes to let the poster know you enjoyed his or her post, so I don't consider that to be spam.

To me, spam is posters who are not interested in reading other's posts. They simply come, post the same tired message that has been posted a zillion other places, then leave.

Because rules are posted, I think it ok to ban a spammer at first offense. But, worry that I might be falsely accused of spamming because I posted several replies. And also, made a mistake by posting in the wrong board.

Thank you for listening!

Default Re: reply

Quote Originally Posted by alyceclover
    Hello, I'm new. When I read the rules, was cautioned not to post too much, like three or four posts after another. This confuses me, because I like to post reply's to lots of threads. So, threading carefully. .............
    Thank you for listening!
    Welcome alyceclover!!

Thanks for asking question in such a nice manner. That itself shows how much serious member you are. I don't feel that any of your postings would be spams :-)

I am sure you would enjoy your stay here and we will also get a lot to know from your postings. Rules may look a bit tough in the beginning but it's total fun to be here. Bizhat-ians are friendly and co-operative.

Let us post couple of lines for the encouragement of the poster when we enjoy some post. Let's do it for fun. Hope we can do it :P

Keep posting..

Quote Originally Posted by sp-team
    i hate spam messages and spam mails actually !

Spammers should be banned to black list and lock their IP
    Welcome to the forum sp-team.
    I.P. addresses cannot be blocked because many users may be having dynamic i.p address. And only Administrators can do that.

spaming is indeed bad, i have now understood what we should do and what we should not do,
    so new users must be give atleast 2 warning before u kick them out of forums.

hey today i saw that GUTTU was banned, what did he do?

Default spammers

I really believe they should spend time in jail.

Considering most of the services BizHat offers require that you have a certain amount of posts in the forum, you could remove a service or services, if they dont have any, you could always restrict them from every recieving a service from Bizhat.

It would depend on his spam message... :D

But, I suggest, if he's / she's an active member her in BizHat. Simply give him / her a warning...

While, members which only signed-up for spamming the forum must be banned as soon as possible. Lock / delete his / her thread immediately...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast