Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Charred Dirt Wants you!

Default Charred Dirt Wants you!

Well I want you to all at least check out a game I am co-producing with 3 friends. It is called Charred Dirt, and it is a 2d Tank game. Basically you choose up to 8 tanks (whether they be human or AI players), all players buy weapons and equipment, and then you are let loose on one of 15 standard maps causing all sorts of destruction and mayhem. The game is a free download, and we always like feedback and suggestions for futer versions.

Mind you, it is not 100% completed, and the current public build is v .95. but the game is fully functional, and the Multiplayer, though buggy, does work.

When we publically release version .99 for final debugging and testing, I'll update this thread.

For those that would try out my game, the url to the main site is

http://www.charreddirt.com/

enjoy, and have a blast! (literally. XD)

oh, and here are some images!

Nice to know about the game. I will be getting my free copy today itself :-)

Hope it will be easy to pay, i don't want to study anything to play a game, many games are difficult to pay, that need to take a course on Game Paying if you need to use the game.

What software is used to make the game (if its not kept secret) ?
    Become PHP Expert in 30 days
    FreeMarriage.com - Free Online Matrimonial
    FlashWebHost.com - Professional Web Hosting, Designing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokia
    Nice to know about the game. I will be getting my free copy today itself :-)

Hope it will be easy to pay, i don't want to study anything to play a game, many games are difficult to pay, that need to take a course on Game Paying if you need to use the game.

What software is used to make the game (if its not kept secret) ?
    The game basics are easy enough. For the full info on the game, please read the manual which I am painstakenly making, and it is located as part of my bizhat site (why I came here in the first place. )

http://charreddirt.bizhat.com/manual/

As for the software, it was made by using a customized C++ compiler and the Allegro Library.

As for getting a copy, I also have a copy hosted on my website (which is why I needed the extra space)

that is located: http://charreddirt.bizhat.com/cdirt_demo095.zip

enjoy. = )

Thanks for the info.

I downloaded and played the game. Nice work.

The same exe file is very small and no need to install it before running. Some games copy lot of unwanted things to your pc and crash it when playing, so i don't like to install all the games in my pc.

It is good to have the game run with out installing, great job in C++.

But the game... i failed in all the round... may be because i do notread the documents. But it is easy to play, no need to take a lesson.

It will be interesting to play with multiplayer. With computer, it shoot accurately killing my player. I will play again by selcting the stupod player as player 2.

I have the opening screens, cool work, better than commercial games.

Well basically the game can be installed by manually placing the files, or it can be automated through a self install exe, both do exactly the same thing.

As for the computers, there are 3 kinds, stoopid, shooter, and sniper, from easiest to kill to hardest. A stoopid player basically fires randomly, the shooter with shoot at you, often narrowly missing a direct hit, and a sniper will pretty much get a direct hit no matter what. I suggest using stoopid computers to get used to the game, shooters to practice using certian weapons and aiming, and snipers to challenge yourself. There will be 2 more AI's for the .99 release, and they are covered in the manual. :o

If you want maybe sometime later this week you and me can get online and in a multiplayer game I could teach you some of the finer details of the game.

Thanks for the info.

I played with stoopid. It is interesting to play with him as he rarely shoot at me :-)

Very interesting remake. The weapons are fun, and it'd be nice if you made alot more of them in the final release. The first two AI difficulty are easy enough, the last too difficult. How about emulating a human player for one of the AI levels, so that the AI shoots approximately the first time and then narrows the gap (occasionally getting it right the first time, or on easy shots)? That'd be interesting.

More weapons, human-level AI. Whee!

Quote Originally Posted by Pathoschild
    Very interesting remake. The weapons are fun, and it'd be nice if you made alot more of them in the final release. The first two AI difficulty are easy enough, the last too difficult. How about emulating a human player for one of the AI levels, so that the AI shoots approximately the first time and then narrows the gap (occasionally getting it right the first time, or on easy shots)? That'd be interesting.

More weapons, human-level AI. Whee!
    Ah, good that you mentioned this. There are 3 new weapons comming along in the .99 release, as well as 5 more superweapons for all the original weapons, as well as 4 unlockable characters (each with there own superweapons) As for AI's, if everything below shooter is too easy for you (ie stoopid, shooter, and the soon to be released lobber AI) then the next step up AI will be the Gunner, which is like a sniper brought down a couple notches. As fo a human-like AI, I don't think it will happen, since we are trying to finish the game (as in version 1.0) before Feburary, since we are sponsers for the videogame room at Katsucon and we need the game ready for katsucon patrons by the 18th.

cOuld i be part of Game devlopment team. i love to make game. i can work free of cost , any thing to for my dream

Quote Originally Posted by alok.bizhat.com
    cOuld i be part of Game devlopment team. i love to make game. i can work free of cost , any thing to for my dream
    Sorry, but it is/was a closed staff (I was the last to join the group of 3 :roll: ) And we are just finishing up and preparing for it's debut at Katsucon, which is the 18th of February.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast