Australian opening batsman Shane Watson has revealed that he has been seeking Indian star batsman Rahul Dravid’s advice to turn good starts into ‘bigger scores’.

“To get bigger scores is a burning ambition for me. It’s something that I really want to be able to get right before the end of my career and being able to capitalize on the good days,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Watson, as saying.

“I’ve talked to Ricky [Ponting] a bit, but during the IPL, I talked to Rahul Dravid. He was at Rajasthan with me. I had a few really good chats with him about what his processes that he goes through to be able to bat for a long period of time,” he added.

The 30-year-old further said that Dravid told him to get mentally tougher to get through periods where a batsman’s concentration starts to lapse.

“I’ve talked to different people about it because there’s no doubt that I need to learn and get better at it. In the end, it really just comes down to my concentration and being able to block out anything that’s going around,” Watson said.

“It’s about getting back to what’s the most important thing for all batsmen, which is watching the ball,” he added.

Watson has 15 Test 50s accompanied by two hundreds, while his highest score in 27 Tests is the 126 against India in October 2010.

Keywords:
Australian, opening batsman ,Shane Watson ,Indian star batsman, Rahul Dravid,bigger scores,ambition,Sydney Morning ,Herald quoted ,Watson, ,Ricky,,Ponting, IPL,,Dravid