Thread: Perl Program and Session

Default Perl Program and Session

Hi All,

This is Fazal , I have register free website in co.cc and also I have host my pages in awardspace.com, they are providing 200 MB space, 5 GB data transfer, 10 MB MySQL database, php and perl support evrything in free of cost. There is one limitation maximum size of the file is limited to 500kB and no SMTP support.

I have tried to put data in database using perl I am able to do with DBI and MySQL DBD perl module. Now I am facing some problem using the HTTP Session in perl. In JSP we can access value in session using session.putValue() and session.getValue() functions but Perl Session is not easy to understand.

I have tried to use CGI::Session to store the data but its giving the hash reference, when i tried to retrieve the value from the session variable. I couldn't understand what is the difference between mySQL session, apache session and CGI Session. .

I wonder if anybody can share the thoughts on Apache Session and CGI Sessions and how it can be used in our Perl program .

Thanks and Regards
    Fazal C.A
    Last edited by fazalca; 04-16-2009 at 05:32 PM.