Thread: frontpage

Default frontpage

Hello, is't possible that I can used Frontpage
    Ellen

Of course you can!
    I made mine with FrontPage.
    FrontPage extensions are not supported by Bizhat server.

frontpage is the best i have seen so far...
    i ave used dreamweaver but nothing surpasses frontpage by microsoft....
    even novices can use fp with ease.....
    it is very user friendly....
    i have made around 50 websites and all with this powerful tool called FrontPage....
    go ahead and create......

I always do everything by... Notepad! I don't like FrontPage because it's too simple to design a complex page and too complex too design a simple page! If your sites used server side scripting (like ASP or JSP), you will know, FrontPage isn't a first choice!

I really like using Frontpage,but I sometimes use Dreamweaver.
    Dreamweaver makes me create frame page easily.
    Frontpage makes me create my site from template.

Frontpage is a very powerful and simple tool to use.. but it has its downfall.. and this is OVERTAGGING.. everything is tagged... I am a firm supporter of Crimson Editor Text Editor ( http://www.crimsoneditor.com ) which is a supercharged Notepad, for editing html, css, c++, java, php, hell anything.. and it colorcodes strings, tags, vars, etc depending on what file extention you save the file with.

lost myself.. Frontpage != the best site creation tool.. and neither is Dreamweaver unless you really get to learn each of them, and arent afraid of editing your own HTML to clear out the fuckups that both will undoubtedly add in.

Frontpage created pages are also generally slower, due to every change in font type, size, color, etc, having its own tags.. which is alot more INFO for the browser to read.. and the more for the browser to read.. the slower the page loads.

FrontPage (to me) is not the best tool for website creation, it has many things that sometimes unnecesary overweight your pages. As bowen said, it overtag every page you do, and sometimes makes things hard to understand.

Dreamweaver is better than FrontPage for website creation, here at work is the tool that our team uses. It's easy to use and understand. (it has a learning curve)

The problem with Dreamweaver is that sometimes it creates disordered code and then when you need to edit your page and you dont have dreamweaver it gets hard to understand all the code in the page.

The best way (IMHO) to create sites is with something like Crimson or Context editors they are excellent programs that helps alot the programmers, and you can write almost any kind of code on them and try it on your browser. :)

I'm a PHP programmer, and I use Scite, Notepad2 and sometimes Dreamweaver (because of the easy way to create server behaviors).

It's up to you and your needs.