Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: SPYWARE!!!!

I use Ad-Aware, Spybot, and also registry mechanic, keeps my registry free of errors...

Spy bot search and destroy sucks! It doesnt fix anything. Get Ad-aware its much better.

SB: S&D is a good program to detect and remove spywares, but it doesn't matter the program you are using, you are never going to be fully free from them. If you want to be safe, follow this:

1- Save every important data.
    2- Format your computer.
    3- Install a firewall and a new browser, like FireFox or Netscape.
    5- Get SB And AddWare together.
    4- try to avoid going to unsecure pages (XXX pages for example)

Even this won't avoid you of having spyware, but they will be less of them in your pc. Mainly because good part of the spywares affect only the Internet Explorer.

Default Re: SPYWARE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by home2me.bizhat.com
    Have you ever wondered why your computer was never running as smoothly as it did when you first bought it? Of course over time computer performance does degenerate but there are ways to fix it.
    I wanted to add one more thing to that great statment
    First of all, just 'cause your computer is running slow doesn't mean anything. The first reason is that it is just really slow. That is assuming that you just got that PC. However, if you have been running it for a while, and it slows down, there are 3 reasons

1. Spyware
    This is the subject of this thread. This little meanies just junk up everything

2. Fragmentation
    I know, you have heard this 1,001 times. But i'd like to to just defrag your hard drive. Ok, I understand that you don't want to spend all of that money on a piece of software like Disk Keeper. However, there is no excuse now. There is a very nice piece of software called Power Defrag. It can be downloaded at http://www.setiathomescreensaverspee...efrag/lite.htm

3. You!
    Belive it or not, you are getting used to the speed of your computer. Jump start one of those old PC's in the attic, and see how slow it is! Eventually, your PC will seem slow, even in top shape

Quote Originally Posted by talesofalcorme.bizhat.com
    SB: S&D is a good program to detect and remove spywares, but it doesn't matter the program you are using, you are never going to be fully free from them. If you want to be safe, follow this:

1- Save every important data.
    2- Format your computer.
    3- Install a firewall and a new browser, like FireFox or Netscape.
    5- Get SB And AddWare together.
    4- try to avoid going to unsecure pages (XXX pages for example)

Even this won't avoid you of having spyware, but they will be less of them in your pc. Mainly because good part of the spywares affect only the Internet Explorer.
    Very nice, i want to appuad your post.

Last of all, there is a new piece of Spyware scanner. It's Microsoft AntiSpyware Scanner. It's free, and can still be found in it's beta phrase.

Download it at http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...e/default.mspx

i use adaware and spybot, together. i'm sure it's not getting everything, but it seems to help a little.

i have the same problem as fengren, that's why i use both. i'll have to try increasing the search level; thanks madboy.

Don't you think that the internet is just a representation of how devious and fraudulent people can be? It just really irritates me how people make these programs deliberately to annoy you/bombard you with adverts/steal your money. Imagine the founders of the 'net...they must regret ever creating it

Oh yeah, and adaware is good

thank you very much,but now i m using microsoft Antispyware Beta...

I use Ad-Aware is a great prog. All the time it deletes my spyware and other junk :D excelent 8)

different anti-spyware program have different capacity. So maybe Ad-Aware tell your computer is free from spyware but other anti-spyware detect something wrong.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast