Thread: Oviya - The new girl on the block

Default Oviya - The new girl on the block

Guess who is on cloud nine these days? It is Oviya, who is basking in all the adulation being showered on her post Kalavani.

Industry big wigs like Suhasini, directors Ameer, Sasikumar and others have all congratulated her on her debut performance. The film is getting rave reviews and is slowly turning into a sleeper hit.

Helen was a simple, middle-class Mallu girl studying at the Vimala College in Thrissur. Director Sarkunam, after seeing her pictures on Internet, approached her and cast her in his debut film Kalavani. She was rechristened as Oviya.

Speaking to media, Oviya said: “I have decided to take up acting as my profession after Kalavani. I think Tamil film industry gives young girls like me good exposure unlike Malayalam where only superstar films get noticed”,

Did she expect the film to be a hit and pat comes the reply: “After hearing the script and taking part on the workshop, I was very optimistic. But the response after the release is overwhelming and I feel great now”.

Oviya gives all credit to producer Nazir and her director Sarkunam for etching out a beautiful character for her. “I’m currently doing Manisha Mirugam in Tamil and Puthumugangal in Malayalam”.

she is beautiful