NEW DELHI: Kasab has caught the fancy of Bollywood finally! Aarya Babbar is all set to portray terrorist Ajmal Kasab in a film based on dreadful 26/11 attacks. The film titled Kuch Log will be directed by Shuja Ali.

Aarya's father, actor and politician Raj Babbar had requested the filmmakers not to disclose Aarya's character for as long as possible, reported The Times of India.

"Well, I am playing a character inspired by Kasab in the film," Aarya told the daily. When quizzed about the character not being inspired but entirely based on Kasab, he revealed, "Well, yes. It is what you're saying. But I'd rather not talk too much about the film and my character."

So has he met Kasab personally? "You know that's impossible. But I've read a book on Kasab. I've also gone through a rigorous rifle shooting training," informed the actor.

This will probably be the most challenging role of his career. "It's not a pleasant thing to relive. But I'm happy to take on such a challenging role," added the actor.

Aarya got the part of Kasab because of his command over Urdu and Hindi and for his Afghani-Middle Eastern looks reportedly. "You can say I look the part," explained the actor.

The actor has starred in movies like Ab Ke Baras, Guru and Chamku.

Keywords: Latest film news, bollywood, hollywood, tamil film news, malayalam film, actors, actress, superstars, Aarya Babbar