View Poll Results: What do you think of suicide?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • It is acceptable at times.

23 48.94%
  • It is never acceptable.

24 51.06%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Suicide

Default If God wanted us to take our own life

An interesting suicide story.. read at the following location in this forum.

http://forums.bizhat.com/viewtopic.php?t=19622

Here is the gist.

If God wanted us to take our own life, he would have provided a poweroff button. He didn't, so have faith and let his plan for you unfold. Because no matter how tough life gets and how much it hurts, if street dogs don't give up, there is no reason why we, the smart species, should. Makes sense right?

Default As I jumped off the building's 11th floor...........

As I jumped off the building's 11th floor...........

10th floor

9th floor

7th floor

6th floor

4th floor

3rd floor

2nd floor

Now the ground zero

Ya. Life in all its sorrows and happiness, is still beautiful and precious.... do make the best of it..........Only Cheers....n....smiles are counted. So u better be prepared to smile at whoever u come across!.

I think anyone who commits suicide for the purpose of re-joining someone in heaven is just throwing away their life for no reason, because of course there is no such thing as heaven.

I think suicide is perfectly acceptable to relieve pain, escape severe depression, or simply for entertainment. It's their life, let them do with it what they want.

Default suicide and kaw

Quote Originally Posted by dontfeedthedragon
    I think anyone who commits suicide for the purpose of re-joining someone in heaven is just throwing away their life for no reason, because of course there is no such thing as heaven.

I think suicide is perfectly acceptable to relieve pain, escape severe depression, or simply for entertainment. It's their life, let them do with it what they want.
    Dear dontfeedthedragon,

I have not come across any case wherein a person comits suicide for fun. It's very very difficult to take this dicision. Extreme pain, severe depression are some of the probable causes as mentioned by you. But, you would always find someone who are in more pain than us, so it's un-acceptable there too.

In my country, comiting suicide is a crime. So, even the law doesn't permit us.

Now you can say, who bothered about law, after one had died.

So the discussion goes on...

i think suicide is a quick way out. i have tired it two times and failed both times...but i do think it is a good way to die for me.

Is there any taker of his thought? Hopelesssssssssss

Default Re: Some exapmples of self-sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by http://neerajsingh.bizhat
    Similarly, not only I anyone can quote so many instances from their history, culture, religion that would support one point of view wherein we can distinguish between a suicide and self-sacrifice for some good reasons and NOT for personal gains.[/color]
    Thank's for impresive lesson in India's history, especialy in Sanskrit (one of ours academician claims that our own language was evolved from Sanskrit).
    I'm also very glad to see that you was courteous to find some facts about our (Serb's) history. In the same time, I must say that Slavenko Terzic is very competent authority, but also a little bit one-sided. He was a expert witness in the Slobodan Milosevic's trial, proffer by the defender, for the exapmle.
    I agree that is always a good mutual reason for self-sacrifising. It comes in selfdestruction, but also in destruction of as many enemies as possible. There is an heroe's conscience of impossibility to win the victory, but the belief in benefit (for the others, for the fatherland...) of the battle is not necessary the element of their thoughts; on the contrary, they would self-sacrifised themselves in the absence of any positive effect of theirs deeds (deads) or despite that.
    I'm wondering the personal reasons which propel that men to do what they were did, because I beleve that every man have his own intimate background.

That's my point.

Please, don't understand my posts as attempt to negate your's state.
    I just want to talk with some inteligent and responsive about things we need no to conciliate.

Default Re: Some exapmples of self-sacrifice

Quote Originally Posted by nobody
    Quote Originally Posted by http://neerajsingh.bizhat
    Similarly, not only I anyone can quote so many instances from their history, culture, religion that would support one point of view wherein we can distinguish between a suicide and self-sacrifice for some good reasons and NOT for personal gains.[/color]
    Thank's for impresive lesson in India's history, especialy in Sanskrit (one of ours academician claims that our own language was evolved from Sanskrit).
    I'm also very glad to see that you was courteous to find some facts about our (Serb's) history. In the same time, I must say that Slavenko Terzic is very competent authority, but also a little bit one-sided. He was a expert witness in the Slobodan Milosevic's trial, proffer by the defender, for the exapmle.
    I agree that is always a good mutual reason for self-sacrifising. It comes in selfdestruction, but also in destruction of as many enemies as possible. There is an heroe's conscience of impossibility to win the victory, but the belief in benefit (for the others, for the fatherland...) of the battle is not necessary the element of their thoughts; on the contrary, they would self-sacrifised themselves in the absence of any positive effect of theirs deeds (deads) or despite that.
    I'm wondering the personal reasons which propel that men to do what they were did, because I beleve that every man have his own intimate background.

That's my point.

Please, don't understand my posts as attempt to negate your's state.
    I just want to talk with some inteligent and responsive about things we need no to conciliate.
    That is my post, but, for some reason, it is not my name beside.

Dear friend Slawen+ , I am glad to see you back once again in this forum.

Thanks for supporting our view and supplementing it with your ideas.

I'm sorry that I'm too busy to visiting this site more frequently, but I'm doing my best.

See you.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast