Actor Suriya, who is the goodwill ambassador of the city-based TANKER Foundation that works for the welfare of people with kidney ailments, was part of a fund-raiser recently. The fundraiser was held to support the foundation’s welfare and research activities. Ten paintings by established artists including Thotta Tharani, V Ilango, Panneerselvam and Viswam was auctioned at the event.

Speaking on the occasion, the actor said that kidney-related ailments are the third largest prevailing condition in the country. “I know how a kidney failure can affect a person. It has happened to people I know. I have seen them at different stages of the ailment,” he said. Suriya also said that one must undergo a routine medical checkup at the age of 30. “Being healthy is not determined by just our good or bad habits. It’s there in our genes. Prevention is better than cure,” he said.

Suriya, who has been associated with TANKER for seven years now, donated Rs 5 lakh to the foundation.

Surya Stills

Keywords: surya latest news, actor surya new film, Prevention is better than cure Suriya, Suriya TANKER Foundation