Thread: Read to install Microsoft Windows Defender Beta 2!

Default Read to install Microsoft Windows Defender Beta 2!

Hi,
    First of all,
    @mods
    plz remove my previos thread where i asked help for instaling windows defender.I have figured it out and sharing with others.This one is hundred percent by myself although i get some hints from different sites.

Lets get started. :)
    =============
    This way you can install Microsoft Windows Defender Beta 2 without validating.

1. First download Microsoft Windows Defender Beta 2 from microsoft website.
    Here is the direct link to download:

Code:
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/d/0/ed099d5e-dc60-4740-8747-1c72f053b800/WindowsDefender.msi
    2. Download Hex Workshop 4.23, i have done this with this tool so i don't want any complaints if you use another hex editor.You can google it to download.

3. Open the msi file that you downloaded from microsoft.

4. Now hit Ctrl+H and in the find tab put 8B45D8 and in the replace tab put 33C090. (Type should be Hex Values). Click OK.

5. You will then see a tab and in that tab continue pressing "Find Next" unless you see the address 00605920. (Before the straigt line at the left hand side are called addresses). When you reach this address hit replace.

6. Now close that tab by hiting X button and save the file, you have the option to make a backup, i will suggest to make a backup and close the program.

7. Run the installer. It will install like a charm and no validation tabs will appear anymore.

8. Enjoy...

If you have problem with anything then plz fee free to post.
    Hope that helps.
    Regards,
    Sohaib
    :) :) :)

the address u have written(00605920) is wrong.please chek the address and numbers u have written in this page and send correct figures.

The address is 100 % Correct, it depends on the version you downloaded.

The address can be :
    * 00605D20
    * 00605E20

If you downloaded it before 23 Feb from microsoft then it will be (00605920) or (00605E20), download a fresh copy of Windows Defender from microsoft now and the address you will find will be (00605D20).

Note : You can change the hex string on anyone of the following. If none of these three address are present (which is very rare) then search for the address (00605XXX) where "XXX" can be any number or alphabet. First 5 numbers must be 00605.
    Hope this helps, and don't forget to make a backup of your original downloaded file.
    Plz let me now that either it works for you or not.

Regards,
    Sohaib

Hi aditya_iiitm,

address working fine to me check that again... Thats work... :)

@Sahil And Sohaib
    i cant find the mentioned hex string i downloaded it and also got it from a cd,both didnot hav the address.
    the address ends somewhere by 4xxxxx..Nothing after..ifits wrong will u upload ur copies and mmake it available for me

@nokia-zone
    It depends on the date you downloaded.
    Microsoft bastards change their strings in each and every version.
    If you have recently downloaded then it maybe different.
    2ndly, which hex editor you are using, different hexs sometimes show different values.
    I have stopped using Windows Defender 2 because it just sucks and i am again using Ad-Aware SE Professional and thats why i don't know whats the latest protection hex is.
    But i will check it later in my free time.
    Later.

i hav checked with hex edit,ultra edit, and some others ..
    but everything has the same string not reaching up to 006****
    ok let me try with it..
    the problem with it is that it is a msi file.. somebody should develop a tool to bust open it

thankss. i will take a note

Default Windows defender is not that great.

Listen, as we all have almost tryed Microsofts latest attempt to get us to run away from adware se, and spybot search and destroy you might not actually know the facts behind it all. You see, Microsofts anti spyware is a beta, and it will always remain a beta, as we seen in past versions of its make, it never really fully gout out of pre beta in to a alpha, it was jumped to a whole new interface with a lot to bundle in a software that a normal end user switching from the old Microsoft anti-spyware version, to the Defender version. Also to note it allows commonly exploit driven sites to place their exploits and rain hell on your Internet explorer browser. I'd suggest spyware docter, as it has live protection. I saw you guys placing topics here about Windows Defending, as you should have placed that its not the best. I'm all for Pc Tech. I want to help users to keep their pcs in shape. Have a nice day guys, from JU67in.

I have downloaded the program

But i dont have Hex editor Plz post link 4 it