Thread: India vs New Zealand 2012 Live score: Bangalore Test

Default India vs New Zealand 2012 Live score: Bangalore Test

Over: 33 I Score: 141/3

Ross Taylor has decided that attack is the best form of defence. He has been aggressive from the word go and has continued with the philosophy right through his innings so far. He has completed his 17th Test fifty in no time with a boundary through extra cover. He has so far hit 8 boundaries and a six. He has been particularly harsh on Ojha whose 12th over saw him hitting four boundaries to third man, fine leg and through covers. The captain has taken charge of the ship it seems!

Earlier, Ojha needed the attention of the physio after the spinner hurt his right arm while sliding to save a boundary in Zaheer’s 11th over.

LUNCH Over: 29 I Score: 108/3

After losing Brendon McCullum for a duck, New Zealand seemed to recover as Zaheer Khan dismissed him his first over via lbw. The second wicket pair of Williamson and Guptill added 63 as the latter confidently kept finding boundaries. He went on to score a fifty but only after being handed a life as Kohli dropped him at second slip off Zaheer’s bowling. Ojha, first removed Williamson for the third time in the series and then had Guptill caught at midwicket as the Black caps lost three wickets for 108 runs in the first session on the first day of the Bangalore Test on Friday. The Kiwis have scored at a brisk rate and have shown their intent to face the Indian spinners but have already lost three wickets. Zaheer has been superb this morning and nearly had his second wicket in Guptill.

Over: 23.3 I Score: 89/3

And Ojha strikes again! This time his victim is Martin Guptill who was looking strong this morning. He has hit one straight into the hands of Gautam Gambhir at midwicket. Williamson fell after going for a drive that took the inner edge of the bat. He departs after scoring 53 (79b, 4X8). They are being a bit overaggressive. Have to be careful.

Over: 19.1 I Score: 69/2

Fifty for Guptill! He reaches the milestone with a four towards third man area. He hasn’t given an inch after being handed a life early in theinnings and is consistently getting the boundaries (8 so far) hitting three of them in the 18th over.

Over: 18.1 I Score: 63/2

Ojha strikes! Kane Williamson gets out to the spinner for the third time in the series. Ojha tossed one up that was angling down to the leg, Williamson misread it and was hit on the inside thigh pad. The Indians appeal and umpire Davis raises his finger. He departs for 17 (44b, 4X2). The partnership has been broken.

Over: 15 I Score: 45/1

Zaheer is bowling beautifully! He is getting the movement and keeping the Kiwis on their toes. Ojha came back to bowl the 15th over before drinks were called. Guptill welcomes him by playing his angled delivery fine for a boundary. A loud shout from the Indians as Guptill fails to offer bat to the ball that hits him on the pad. It would have missed the stumps.

Over: 9.1 I Score: 23/1

DROPPED! Martin Guptill has been handed a life at third slip by Virat Kohli. Zaheer induced an edge that was travelling straight into the hands of Suresh Raina. In came Kohli diving from third slip and failed to hold on to the catch. Guptill follows that up with a boundary.

Over: 1.5 I Score: 0/1

Zaheer Khan drew first blood for India as he had Brendon McCullum plumb in front of the wickets with a perfect good length ball in his very first over after Dhoni decided to start the proceedings with left-arm spinner Pragyan Ojha.

TOSS

New Zealand won the toss and decided to bat first in the second and final Test against India at Bangalore on Friday.

The toruing party has made one change in their side. Right-arm pacer Tim Southee is in for Chris Martin.

More stills

Keywords:Ross Taylor, philosophy,Ojha ,spinner, Zaheer,Brendon McCullum , Zaheer Khan, Williamson,Guptill , Martin Guptill, Gautam Gambhir,Kane Williamson,Virat Kohli, Brendon McCullum , Pragyan Ojha,Right-arm pacer ,Tim Southee ,cricket news, sports news, Chris Martin.
    Last edited by sherlyk; 08-31-2012 at 07:40 AM.