Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Was it worth it ? (Many jokes to be added)!

Banished to My Room
    I did absolutely nothing wrong, yet here I lay, staring at the shadow of my swaying foot, pretend-kicking invisible invaders on the wall. Somebody is going to incur my wrath, even if it is an imaginary scapegoat. At least he, she or it can't fight back; that is about the only comfort I take right now.
    There is no television in my room, only a stereo with a handful of tapes to listen to. I am not allowed to play them, though. I have been commanded to lie here in subdued silence. For some reason I can't explain, it has been deemed that I am to be punished and confined to my bedroom. My friends are outside, and I know they are laughing and mocking me. They aren't locked up like a caged rat with nothing to do save for quietly reading the same crappy books over and over again. If it is punishment my overseers want, then they've succeeded. This solitude is more like torment.

What did I do to deserve this? Scream out loud occasionally, use a little profanity that slaps expressions of shock on my benefactors? Big deal! Of course, if they would tend to my needs when I ask for them, I'd be content and as restrained as an altar boy.

Oh, I'm selfish, you say? Spoiled, even? Try it in my shoes, friends, and tell me how you like being eighty-three and treated like a helpless infant

My mother used to ask me what is the most important part of the body. Through the years I would take a guess at what I thought was the correct answer. When I was younger, I thought sound was very important to us as humans, so I said, 'My ears, Mommy.' She said, 'No. Many people are deaf. But you keep thinking about it and I will ask you again soon.'

Several years passed before she asked me again. Since making my first attempt, I had contemplated the correct answer. So this time I told her, 'Mommy, sight is very important to everybody, so it must be our eyes'. She looked at me and told me,' You are learning fast, but the answer is not correct because there are many people who are blind. 'Stumped again,

I continued my quest for knowledge and over the years, Mother asked me a couple more times and always her answer was, 'No. But you are getting smarter every year, my child.'

Then last year, my grandpa died. Everybody was hurt. Everybody was crying. Even my father cried. I remember that especially because it was only the second time I saw him cry. My Mom looked at me when it was our turn to say our final good-bye to Grandpa. She asked me, 'Do you know the most important body part yet, my dear?' I was shocked when she asked me this now. I always thought this was a game between her and me. She saw the confusion on my face and told me,' This question is very important. It shows that you have really lived in your life. For every body part you gave me in the past, I have told you it was wrong and I have given you an example why. But today is the day you need to learn this important lesson.

She looked down at me as only a mother can. I saw her eyes well up with tears. She said, 'My dear, the most important body part is your shoulder.' I asked, 'Is it because it holds up your head?' She replied, 'No, it is because it can hold the head of a friend or a loved one when they cry. Everybody needs a shoulder to cry on sometime in life, My dear. I only hope that you have enough love and friends that you will always have a shoulder to cry on when you need it.' Then and there I knew the most important body part is not a selfish one. It is sympathetic to the pain of others.

People will forget what you said...
    People will forget what you did...
    But people will NEVER forget how you made them feel.

The murderer of my family stood before me, eyes toward heaven, bound hands outstretched, palms up, gesturing upward, then down. He prepared to receive his execution.

And I prepared to deliver it.

He was mumbling.

"I must hear," I said. But the crowd, they murmured too loudly, forcing me forward, hoping...

I halted, held my breath, listened, hoped...

He prayed.

My features remained stone, with executioner's eyes for the crowd to behold, but I bit hard on the inside of my cheek. "Recall the Sharia," I spoke to him in my mind. "Recall the code. Mercy!"

He continued praying. I waited.

At first, the onlookers believed I honored his prayer, but they grew quickly impatient, their voices soon rising in pitch.

Still as stone, "Recall the Sharia," I said, only for his ears. In response, he gestured more fervently, admonishing heaven---only heaven.

Forward I dragged the Kalashnikov rifle, grunting, "Recall! Beg my mercy!" He payed no heed.

Mercy! If I could beg for him... But the Sharia spoke. Mercy came only to those who asked. And he refused.

So be it.

I hefted the rifle, sighting his head. "Rage," I spoke, "come," and forced myself to return---my children's blood, my wife's blood, red, staining my rugs. "Rage!" I said, looking again into their faces, "Come!"

It obeyed. My cheeks burned with the vision, and my temples throbbed.

As I squeezed upon the trigger, I opened my eyes and looked into his face. My finger hesitated.

"Rage," I spoke, and again forced myself to return...

Based on a true story.

I will call her today. First waking thought.
    It has been six months. It is a strange feeling, life goes on like nothing happened and nothing happens.

Then why should I call her today? To ask her why did this happen and to tell her I was a fool to ever let her go.

So here goes 1* 6* 0* 1* 8* 4* 7* beep beep beep, tring tring, tring tring, a single final tring.

"Hello" (With a stress on Hell) says the voice on the other end of the line.

Damn it, her father, click, bang.

Oh no! I forgot it is Sunday, his off. She won't be able to talk today. I waited for 6 months 6 days and called her on a Sunday.

How come?

There was once a guy who suffered from cancer... a cancer that can't be treated. He was 18 years old and he could die anytime. All his life, he was stuck in his house being taken care by his mother. He never went outside but he was sick of staying home and wanted to go out for once. So he asked his mother and she gave him permission.

He walked down his block and found a lot of stores. He passed a CD store and looked through the front door for a second as he walked. He stopped and went back to look into the store. He saw a young girl about his age and he knew it was love at first sight. He opened the door and walked in, not looking at anything else but her. He walked closer and closer until he was finally at the front desk where she sat. She looked up and asked "Can I help you?" She smiled and he thought it was the most beautiful smile he has ever seen before and wanted to kiss her right there. He said "Uh... Yeah... Umm... I would like to buy a CD." He picked one out and gave her money for it. "Would you like me to wrap it for you?" she asked, smiling her cute smile again. He nodded and she went to the back. She came back with the wrapped CD and gave it to him. He took it and walked out of the store.

He went home and from then on, he went to that store everyday and bought a CD, and she wrapped it for him. He took the CD home and put it in his closet. He was still too shy to ask her out and he really wanted to but he couldn't. His mother found out about this and told him to just ask her. So the next day, he took all his courage and went to the store. He bought a CD like he did everyday and once again she went to the back of the store and came back with it wrapped. He took it and when she wasn't looking, he left his phone number on the desk and ran out... !!! RRRRRING !!!

The mother picked up the phone and said, "Hello?" It was the girl !!!
    She asked for the boy and the mother started to cry and said, "You don't know? He passed away yesterday..." The line was quiet except for the cries of the boy's mother.

Later in the day, the mother went into the boy's room because she wanted to remember him. She thought she would start by looking at his clothes. So she opened the closet. She was face to face with piles and piles and piles of unopened CDs. She was surprised to find all those CDs and she picked one up and sat down on the bed and she started to open one. Inside,there was a CD and as she took it out of the wrapper, out fell a piece of paper. The mother picked it up and started to read it.

It said:

"Hi... I think UR really cute. Do you wanna go out with me?" Love, Jacelyn. The mother opened another CD... Again there was a piece of paper. It said: "Hi... I think UR really cute. Do you wanna go out with me? Love, Jacelyn"

Moral Of The Story :

If you love somebody.....say it aloud to him/her ..... >>>>> I LOVE YOU! <<<<< ...... before they 'go' away from us for good.

Little girl and her father were crossing a bridge. The father was kind of scared so he asked his little daughter, "Sweetheart, please hold my hand so that you don't fall into the river." The little girl said, "No, Dad. You hold my hand." "What's the difference?" Asked the puzzled father. "There's a big difference," replied the little girl. "If I hold your hand and something happens to me, chances are that I may let your hand go. But if you hold my hand, I know for sure that no matter what happens, you will never let my hand go." In any relationship, the essence of trust is not in its bind, but in its bond. So hold the hand of the person whom you love rather than expecting them to hold urs... This msg is too short..........but carries a lot of Feelings....

Today is Valentine’s Day. I came out of the shower and checked my wardrobe to select the best pair of dress I have. I could hear the giggle of my room mates. They knew that I liked some girl but I never mentioned the details about her to them. One of them teased me with a cute college girl who catches the bus in the same stop where we board. I silently enjoyed their pranks and went about my way of getting dressed up for the occasion. This is a special occasion and I knew she likes nothing less than the best.

Let me introduce her to you on my way to the office. She is one of those rare girls whom you instantly fall in love with. A cute smile, charming face, kid like attitude, innocent features, she has everything. I love her more than anything in this world (except my mom of course). Talking to her became my only passion in life. We argue, fight, laugh, cry and each of those moments are treasured more than anything else. Oh….I could see a beautiful bouquet shop on the road…..She loves roses by the way…….Her cheeks resemble the red roses, let me not describe more J…….. I got down from the cab and bought a nice bouquet for her………..I know she would love to have this today….. I reached office on time and when I entered my cubicle I could see a lot of raised eyebrows.

One of my colleagues asked me, “Hey, Is it for your girl friend?” I simply nodded and smiled and kept the bouquet in my place. Some of my colleagues believed that I liked a girl in the adjacent wing and used to tease me with her. At times, even I joined them in the fun. So many women around you in this world, you meet a lot of them every day, but how will these people know that no one can replace the special one who makes your world…..Time was ticking slowly….I called her up to confirm the appointment in the evening….Poor girl….she has to travel a lot of distance to reach the meeting point….And I didn’t want her to wait for me…..I am waiting for the clock to strike five so that I can leave the office. Let me tell you some more details about her in the meanwhile….But, guys, promise me that you wont fall in love with her……..coz she is the only one I cherish n preserve in my life………She will be awake all night when I have night shifts and critical project dead lines….She cares for me like a mother, she is a great friend and at times becomes my child. I don’t introduce her even to my friends because of the fear of losing her….. Thank God, the clock has struck five….I got ready to leave……..

She loves chocolates and there was never an occasion when I met her without a chocolate. I went to a nearby shop and bought the best chocolates for her. I hope I haven’t forgotten anything. I took my friends bike and raced to the meeting spot. I don’t want my dear to be waiting for me over there. I parked the bike outside the gate. It was quite a lonely place and we enjoyed a lot of privacy every time we met. I could see from a distance, she was sitting over there. Her face was glowing like a radiant moon, with the sun setting at the back drop. I went near her and kissed her on the cheek. Gentle wind started blowing and gave me the feeling of her warm embrace which I long everyday. I placed the bouquet on her grave and our eternal chat started. I don’t know when it got dark and it was time she had to leave. Tears started flowing down my face, but then she had to go….I slowly started walking back, and I reached home very late. My room mates haven’t slept till then. They were waiting to hear the happenings of the day. One of them grabbed my cell and redialed the last number that I have called. He was disappointed to hear a lady telling him that the number no longer exists. How will he or for that matter any one know who she is…….Her physical presence can no longer be felt, but her memories have fully occupied my heart………

Miss U L

A Successful Relationship
    =========================

A boy was born to a couple after 11 years of marriage. They were a loving couple and the boy was the apple of their eye. When the boy was around two years old, one morning the husband saw a medicine bottle open. He was late for work so he asked his wife To cap the bottle and keep it in the cupboard. His wife, preoccupied in the kitchen, totally forgot the matter. The boy saw the bottle and playfully went to the bottle and fascinated by its color, drank it
    all. It happened to be a poisonous medicine meant for adults in small dosages. When the child collapsed, the mother hurried him to the hospital, where he died.

The mother was stunned. She was terrified how to face her husband. When the distraught father came to the hospital and saw the dead child, he looked at his wife and uttered just four words.

QUESTIONS:

1. What were the four words?

2. What is the implication of this story?

ANSWER:
    The husband just said, "I Love You Darling."

The husband's totally unexpected reaction is proactive behavior. The child is dead. He can never be brought back to life. There is no point in finding fault with the mother. Besides, if only he had taken time to keep the bottle away, this would not have happened.

No one is to be blamed. She had lost her only child. What she needed at that moment was consolation and sympathy from the husband that is what he gave her.

If everyone can look at life with this kind of perspective, there would be much fewer problems in the world. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiving attitude,selfishness, and fears. And you will find things are actually not as difficult as you think.

"A successful relationship requires falling in love many times -with the same person."

this is a true story .
    there was a boy who dont have father ut he has mother . his mother can see only from one eye . this make that boy feel shame . thats why he never use to go with her mother any where . after some years this boy went to aboard n he never used to her mother or write a letter . after 2years a letter came to him saying that his mother is no longer . he felt little bad came back to india . when he came to india his neighbours gave him a letter tell ing that his mother gave them . when he read that letter see below what he found in letter

"dear son . i know that u dont like to be with me because of my physical appreance . but i want to tell u one thing that when u were small u got across an accient in that u lost ur one eye so i gave u my eye . n i didnt told u this because i dont to see u feel guilty" .
    your mother

" There was once a lonely girl who longed desperately for love. One day while she was walking in the woods she found two starving song birds. She took them home and put them in a small glided cage. She nurtured them with love and the birds grew strong. Every morning they greeted her with a marvellous song. The girl felt great love for the birds. She wanted their singing to last forever.

One day the girl left the door to the cage open. The larger and stronger of the two birds flew from the cage. The girl watched anxiously as he circled high above her. She was so frightened that he would fly away and she would never see him again that as he flew close, she grasped at him wildly. She caught him in her fist. She clutched him tightly within her hand. Her heart gladened at her sucess in capturing him. Suddenly she felt the bird go limp. She opened her hand stared in horror at the dead bird. Her desperate clutching love had killed him.

She noticed the other bird teteering on the edge of the cage. She could feel his great need for freedom. His need to soar into the clear, blue sky. She lifted him from the cage and tossed him softly into the air. The bird circled once, twice, three times.

The girl watched delighted at the bird's enjoyment. Her heart was no longer concerned with her loss. She wanted the bird to be happy. Suddenly the bird flew closer and landed softly on her shoulder. It sang the sweetest melody, she had ever heard.

" The fastest way to lose love is to hold on too tight, the best way to keep love is to give it -- WINGS! "

I think the author is right n what u think..???...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast