Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How should we keep ourselves healthy

Keeping healthy is simple in my opinion. Walk daily, eat at home, and dont do things like smoking/drinking.

Well, I do agree with you. Walking daily is really helpful. I have seen its importance.

One thing that I would like to share with you all that walking daily in the morning is unlike any other medicine, where you need to wait for sometime to see its effect. But with morning walk, you will feel yourself charged and energized instantly... Surprised... try it..

And as TheMaxx said, avoid smoking / drinking and eat healthy food.

Thanks TheMaxx for sharing your view with all of us.

Big big big one.
    Will comment later.

Morning Walk

There are many things in life that require one’s undivided attention, which we seem to completely ignore. A great walk in the morning is one of these. Ordinarily, in today’s hectic world, its quite possible that amidst so much that’s happening around you, making you feel that an ideal life is but a living dream, (which may remain as one), you tend to lose out on great many things that the future holds for you. A great walk in the woods while admiring nature talks to you in many ways than one. For many of us this may be one of those things for which you either need luck or perhaps the time. And most of us believe that these are never in one’s grasp.

There are many ways you could possibly benefit from an exercise as simple as morning walk. Up front, in today’s irritatingly fast world, you deprive your self of the much needed oxygen, that is anyways getting depleted with time. The earliest hours in the morning would probably give you this and the quality time to spend with the greenery around you, and observe around you things that only perhaps writers and poets around you seem to notice.

The oxygen that you get earliest in the morning also gives great amount of energy especially to your joints. The movement in your legs releases the good cholesterol in your blood, opening up some of the "chakras" or channels of energy, constantly moving your joints and increasing your blood circulation in a way that can only be completed with your daily morning walk.

By Prerna Salla
    Published: 12/8/2004
    http://www.buzzle.com/

Morning Walk Continued....

Benefits of a great stroll

Besides a lot of things put together, a lot of people have noticed that despite the universally addictive feeling of laziness to leave their cosy bed, realize that a stroll helps in reducing stress. The wintry air in the morning that is at its coolest, soothes your nerves and allows your toxins to get cleared.

A naturally available medicine, your morning walk also allows you to get rid of any gastric blockages that might not allow you to get a sound sleep, and also adding to the excesses of pain to your body. Most diabetics have noticed a remarkable decline in their blood sugar levels, thanks to their regular promenades, especially the one taken earliest in the morning.

A boon to those who thanks to their heredity are blessed with diabetes, the morning walk is supposed to be the best option only next to their insulin injections. By and large these people who have to make the insulin injections their best friend have noticed that regular walks in the morning can also let them bid farewell to these forever! If you don’t believe me, just try it once for at least a month, I can guarantee you that you shall observe a marked difference in your entire lifestyle.

Its true that the things that work best in this world are expensive, and it cannot be more true than in the case of getting up early. What’s really the additional benefit is that morning walks are most of the time responsible for inducing great sleep. Titillating the pituitary gland, the oxygen which is best given to us by our green friends, (plants) the entire bodily system is revitalized helping the skin glow at its maximum. The facial muscles are royally treated with the windy atmosphere, lowering your blood pressure and helping you deal with a normalcy that you thought medicines would allow you to! Well, let me tell you that you thought wrong! And if you’ve already had a good walk in the morning, your cardio vascular exercise is completed and your body has completed its full circle, making you look at life rather differently and bringing in some harmony too!

By Prerna Salla
    Published: 12/8/2004

http://www.buzzle.com/

So my dear friends, what is your opinion on that. Are you willing to go for a morning walk :-)

Do these talk seem to be convincing.. Come on friends, lets discuss all these things as well.

Yeah morning walk is very good for health. I do agree on that.
    But due to the weekly commitments like going to office and school we usually skip that morning walk.
    And in the holidays we say we work or go for college for 5 days a week. Why not we enjoy our holidays?
    And at last at the age of 40 and 50 we put on our socks and shoes and go for morning walk with all diseases in stock.

Thanks a lot indianbaba for coming up with your thoughts. Because, I believe that each and every word matters a lot in our life. Our actions and thinking replicate each other. If we are looking at bad things most of the times, we tend to think in that direction. If we suppose always try to find out mistakes in others, we sometimes convert in a kind of person who is so harsh and troublesome with whom no one wants to spend time.

I have one of my friend who came once for a walk with me in the morning. (Hey.. i am also not regular but i do try to manage whenever possible). Yeah.. I was telling that once he came alongwith me. His comment was - look ! can you find anyone of our age walking here at this time in the morning.

And he was quite true as well. There were mostly aged people. We people at our age are so much engaged in lot many activities that we even don't find time for ourselves. When we realize, its already so late.

You start morning walk Indianbaba, if you are not doing it now. Also, lets encourage each other to achieve the common goal.

I will try neeraj but i too have the laziness during holidays and other commitments during working days.
    Let's atleast try to do a morning walk daily.

Thanks indianbaba for considering my request.

Cheers :-)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast