While Karan Johar is taking his trio of 'students' out for the global promotion of 'Student of the Year' and is holding centre-stage, Shahrukh Khan has taken a step back.

Even though he is the co-producer of the film, he has kept himself occupied with the promotion of 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' while Karan is the one leading from the front.

Same was the case during the making of the film as well when it was Karan's show all the way. However Shahrukh did make sure that when the film went on floors, he was around to encourage the three newcomers - Sidharth Malhotra, Varun Dhawan and of course, Alia Bhatt.

Says Alia, "I remember that it was first day of the film's shooting when Shahrukh sir had come to meet all of us. He wished us best of luck.

In fact after my first shot was played on the monitor, I was so nervous to see that. It was a big energy booster when Shahrukh sir saw it and congratulated me for that.

It was enough to make me feel confident."

With the film now less than 10 days away from release, one waits to see how he reacts after watching it on the big screen.

With music by Vishal-Shekhar, 'Student of the Year' releases all over on 19th October.

more stills

Keywords:Karan Johar,students,Student of the Year, Shahrukh Khan,Jab Tak Hai Jaan, Sidharth Malhotra, Varun Dhawan , Alia Bhatt,Vishal-Shekhar,hindi film news,Bollywood film news