Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Google Mail - 1 GB Free Mail Space - gmail.com

Default Google Mail - 1 GB Free Mail Space - gmail.com

MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif: Google, the world's No 1 Internet search provider, said on Wednesday it will begin testing a free search-based e-mail product called Gmail, as it continues striking back at rivals Yahoo and Microsoft's MSN.

The new service, which goes live on Thursday at gmail.com, will automatically organise e-mail according to topic and allow users to search their e-mail -- including sender, text and subject lines -- in the same way they search the Web, Wayne Rosing, Google's vice- president of engineering, said.

Mountain View, California-based Google also will provide one gigabyte of storage to free account holders, far more than that offered by rivals Yahoo and Microsoft's Internet unit, MSN, which each built strong user bases around free e-mail services and have been attacking Google's prominence as a Web search provider.

Google is widely expected to sell shares in an initial public offering later this year, and some in Silicon Valley had predicted the company would roll out an e-mail service to match offerings from Yahoo and MSN.

"E-mail is the killer (application) for getting people to share information," said Gary Stein, senior analyst at Jupiter Research. Such information is seen by search providers as key to delivering more personalised results.

"It's the march of Google toward being a destination," Stein said, echoing a widely held view that the company is moving closer to being an Internet portal like Yahoo and MSN, with a full range of products and services from e-mail to online shopping.

"We want to organise and present all the world's information," Rosing said, who added that the service will be formally launched in "weeks to months."

Rosing said the company has no active plans to add Gmail to the main Google.com page, as it has done with previous test programs like News and Froogle, its price-comparison shopping tool.
    Become PHP Expert in 30 days
    FreeMarriage.com - Free Online Matrimonial
    FlashWebHost.com - Professional Web Hosting, Designing.

I have some invitations... and is willing to invite someone in exchance for something... PM me to tell me your offer.. and I'll consider..

I'm curious to know how they started inviting people. Some of my friends have accounts already. Did the Google people just pick a small group to start with and then it spread from there (only 8 degrees of separation...). And how long will they test? This seems to be the biggest thing that *exists* but hasn't yet *arrived*.

yea.... i my friend got an invite and in his gmail account it said he had 6 invites to give out
    and gave me one
    now i have 6 to give out... well 5 now

I am using Gmail too. It is wonderful not only due to its 1G quota (my hotmail also 250M now), also some wonderful futures like search, and I like the way the message to be grouped with all the responses. I invited some of my friends, and still have some invitations left now. if some one want that, please leave your name and email. Please see: http://forums.bizhat.com/viewtopic.php?t=3382

Browsing and Browsing, asking friends, till no replly, if you have Please send me a gmail invitation if any one have please , please

My Email ID : [email protected]

Oh google free storage 1 GB is great, how can I register? I will use [email protected]

You have to ask some one for an invitation. Gmail is in Beta stage and they haven't made it public. However if some generous gmail user can invite you you can get a Gmail account.

I want to register in Gmail because it's too big storage. How can I register, could you show me the link?

Quote Originally Posted by khmer.bizhat.com
    I want to register in Gmail because it's too big storage. How can I register, could you show me the link?
    i may have some invitations with my friends. PM me ur mail id and i'll fwd the registration link to you.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast