Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adobe Photoshop 8 CS tryout

Photoshop CS cannot install on Win98 so I can only use firework. Firework is good so those cannot use photoshop cs can use firework instead.

If you cant afford Photoshop you can download GIMP for Windows XP. They ported it to support windows a while ago.

http://www.gimp.org/windows/

Give it a shot. After you deal with some of the quarks its a good little program. All of my graphics were created using GIMP.

Check out my site http://zostix.bizhat.com

How does the current photoshop compair with the current paintshop pro? Back in the day I did my own compairison and found paintshop to be a cleaner less wizard driven interface with more advanced features. Photoshop babyed me too much and I was really annoyed with it. But the newer versions of paintshoppro are starting to really get crappy so i'm looking for a change.

Photoshop CS cannot install on Win98

I like GIMP better.

It's much easier to use.

Photoshop CS is a great program. I've been following it through since Photoshop 4 and it is even better than before! I use it for all my graphic design and work, and it never fails.

the GIMP is nice to use, but I use photoshop for everything, with exception of images that go into Flash files; I import my PSD's into Fireworks and then into Flash.

I personally own registered copies of the Adobe Creative Suite CS as well as Macromedia Studio MX 2004, so I'm not complaining... well except for the giant hole in my wallet. =/

I own the student versions so it's not all that bad. Yes, the weirdest thing though, is my Flash died...hmm.

I use it at least once a day I love the CS version. with Imageready it is unstoppable!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12