He made his first century at the Eden and shares a special bond with Bengal. Former Indian captain and Congress MP Mohammad Azharuddin talks to CT about his future plans after the Andhra high court revoked the match-fixing ban on him. Excerpts:

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER

It is difficult for me to express in words how relieved I am after the court verdict. For a cricketer, taking away his game is the end of the road. Par mujhe kisise gila shikwa nahi hai. Mujhe ladai jhagra nahi karna. I'm in a very positive frame of mind right now. Agey nayi zindagi hai, mujhe desh ke liye bahut kuch karna hai.

BCCI had given me cricket... it made me what I am. I have no grudges against them. There is a lot of cricket in me. If they consider me for a coach or mentor's role, I'll be more than happy to take it up.

LAST 12 YEARS WERE A TEST

My parents and sons have stood by me for the last 12 years. Thousands of people were praying for me. Even when I took up politics, I came across people who loved me for the cricketer I was. It was a bitter fight, but I never gave up. Allah wanted me to see this day. But losing Ayaz was the biggest blow. Losing a young son is something I hope and pray no person has to go through. Apna jawan beta ko khona kya hota hai, yeh shayad hi kisiko malum hoga. But I have coped with it.

EDEN AND BENGAL ARE SPECIAL TO ME

I have so many good memories of playing in Bengal. My first century was at Eden. I have always been successful at the Eden. Recently I went to Bengal to campaign for Pranabda's son. People there still love me so much. I was really touched.

I don't remember the name of the pitch-maker at Eden, but I had given my man of the match money to him. I did it because I felt like doing something for him.

LINKUPS DON'T BOTHER ME

There are certain aspects of my life I have never spoken about, neither will I do it now. I have never reacted to the negative things that have been said about my personal life. Even when I was linked to a sportsperson I chose not to be bothered by it. Ye sab chalta rehta hai.

THE FAMOUS WRIST FLICK IS ALL BUT GONE

There are plenty of promising kids in the game. Now that I have got the chance to pass on my legacy, I will do the best for the next generation.

More stills

Keywords: Eden ,Former Indian captain , Congress MP Mohammad Azharuddin, cricketer,BCCI ,cricket , parents ,sons, Ayaz, promising kids , game,cricket news,sports news, next generation.