View Poll Results: Your Favorite Web Browser ?

Voters
331. You may not vote on this poll
  • MS Internet Explorer

0 0%
  • Opera

0 0%
  • Netscape Navigator

0 0%
  • Neoplanet

0 0%
  • Mozilla Firefox

0 0%
  • Lynx

0 0%
  • Konqueror

0 0%
  • 331 100.00%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Browser ?

Default IE really SUCKS!!!

Yeah! IE sucks! Stuff from Microsoft is the most commercial shit in this "computered" world. Do U know that if Bill Gates would find a money on the street, it had to be mo than 200$ that he could take it! ???
    IE is the most integrated browser with Windows, cause it has been written to work with! It's very compatible, even more than Mozilla or Opera! But pure IE sucks...
    So I prefer THIS!
    8)

"Have you ever tried surfing with a tabbed web browser?

Try Avant Browser, an upgrade to Internet Explorer. Avant Browser is a fast, stable, user-friendly, versatile multi-window browser. Now, Avant Browser is available in 34 languages.

Avant Browser is freeware. That's right. 100% Free! No cost to you ever. No limitations. No Adware. No Spyware. You can donate if you want, but it's certainly not required."

That's the stuff! Here's some reasons to USE ! ! !

Flash Animation Filter: More than 85% of all flash animation on web pages is advertising. These flash files are pretty large, and normally take up to 90% of the size of the page you're visiting. With Avant Browser you can save this bandwidth by blocking the download of these flash files with just one easy click. Avant Browser also provides options to block downloads of pictures, videos, sounds and ActiveX components. With these options users can control their bandwidth and speed up page loading.

Built-in Pop-up Stopper: Easily eliminate unwanted pop-up pages automatically with just one click.

Additional Mouse Functions: If you click a link in the web page with the middle mouse button, the link will be opened in a new window in the background. And there are two handy mouse gestures in Avant Browser. The first allows you to navigate backward one step by holding the right button down and then clicking on the left button simultaneously. The second allows you to navigate forward one step by reversing the buttons used: hold left, and click right.

Multi-Window Browsing: Browse multiple web pages simultaneously. All opened pages can be easily stopped, refreshed, closed or arranged with one click.

Real Full Screen Mode and Alternative Full Desktop mode: When you enable Full Screen Mode, all you see is the webspace, with no toolbars or other clutter. They are simply autohidden! Move your mouse over the top or bottom and find the toolbar and tab bar respectively. Avant Browser also provides Full Desktop Mode, which is the same as Full screen mode, but differs in that your windows task bar stays visible.

Built-in Yahoo/Google Search Engine: Avant Browser provides a built-in search engines, Yahoo and Google. Built-in search engines enable user to search for web pages, images, groups, directories, news, lyrics and software in Internet. International users will be glad to know that you can set avant to utilize any of up to 64 google mirrors by default!

Full IE Compatibility: Avant Browser comes with all Internet Explorer functions, including Cookies, ActiveX Controls, Java Script, Real player and Macromedia Flash. IE bookmarks are automatically imported into Avant Browser.

Records Cleaner: With Avant Browser, you can easily keep your privacy by deleting Typed Addresses, Auto-Complete Passwords, Cookies, History of Visited Web Sites, Temporary Internet Files and Search Keywords.

Safe Recovery: If Avant Browser is closed improperly, all open web pages are saved and will be automatically reopened at next startup.

Skins: Express your creativity by making a skin for Avant using a custom, easy to use program called Avant Browser Skin Factory, or use any of the many and varied skins made by other users.

Download from:
    http://www.download.com/Avant-Browse...=dl&tag=button

I hope my post wasn't so useless, was it?? 8)

i used firefox but for i went back to IE for one reason... i didnt like the download manager.

Default Firefox

I can't believe i still didn't vote. I use Firefox. It's perfect, the most compatible browser, fully customizable with excellent features... Strongly recommend it to everyone.

I am downloading Firefox now :D
    Become PHP Expert in 30 days
    FreeMarriage.com - Free Online Matrimonial
    FlashWebHost.com - Professional Web Hosting, Designing.

Internet Explorer...
    it is the best!

Yes, IE is the best or IE set the standards...

Just finish installing FireFox, things i like about it is

1. FireFox can export Bookmarks, history, passwords, cookies from IE, Opera, etc...

2. FireFox can display web site almost the same way as in IE. Opera shows web site in different way, form elements, buttons, tables, etc...

For now i plan to use IE and Opera only as i don't need to use 3 browsers at a time. Opera is good for casual browsing (i think it fast too, can also set not to load images in a single click, back button works fast - caching).

IE is required for viewing some sites. Eg: gmail.com
    Become PHP Expert in 30 days
    FreeMarriage.com - Free Online Matrimonial
    FlashWebHost.com - Professional Web Hosting, Designing.

I think Opera 7.6 Preview already support gmail. Maybe you want to check it out. For me, it's so stable, I almost can't see the difference. Well, there's some difference especially for it's new feature, such as: Inline error pages and speech enabled browsing. :lol:

gmail supports firefox, unless you downloaded some crappy old version.firefox can be made a quick as opera by tweaking some of the settings. If you type "about:config" into the url bar, you'll see all the settings, i can't remember which ones to change though

network.http.pipelining should be set to true
    network.http.pipelining.maxrequests should be set to some high number like 32
    network.http.proxy.pipelining set to true
    network.http.sendRefererHeader should be zero

there is a few more but i can't remember them

My thoughts for what it is worth.

Microsoft has the market cornered. Other browsers could be 100 times better than IE.... but you still have to have IE installed.

Most internet sites are designed for use with IE, and some dont work properly without it.

I have recently tried Mozilla. It has some very nice features. However... I dont see much point in having two browsers installed.

Quote Originally Posted by ukspaderz.bizhat.com
    Microsoft has the market cornered. Other browsers could be 100 times better than IE.... but you still have to have IE installed.
    Correct, but that's what we want to change, right.

Quote Originally Posted by ukspaderz.bizhat.com
    Most internet sites are designed for use with IE, and some dont work properly without it.
    SOME, not most! Some pages do not work properly without it. But just the same, IE users also don't see properly many pages. For instance, see my page with Firefox (Mozilla, Opera) and then with IE.... I can give you hundreds of links with such pages that are VALID and still IE cannot display them properly.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast