Thread: Aishwarya dazzles at IFFI

Default Aishwarya dazzles at IFFI

Looks like the one film-old filmmaker Aishwarya Dhanush, the elder daughter of Superstar Rajinikanth is going places. Aishwarya who never fails to attend international festivals has been chosen to address the niche audience at the 43rd International Film Festival of India which kick started recently in Goa. Speaking to DC from Goa, Aishwarya who was in an elated mood said, “I consider this a big honour. I have been chosen as their keynote speaker at their seminar and I am joined by Gauri Shinde (‘English Vinglish’ fame) and Ramesh Sippy. The topic is how young filmmakers need not just stick to parallel cinema but should also venture into mainstream commercial cinema”.
    The 3 director said that she watched Ang Lee’s ‘Life of Pi’ on the inaugural day and was awe of its technical brilliance.
    Earlier, Bollywood star Akshay Kumar who inaugurated the International fest had everyone stand up for a minute’s silence in honor of his late legendary father-in-law Rajesh Khanna. Irfan Khan, Tabu, Anurag Basu, Jackie Shroff, Resul Pookutty were among others who were spotted at the glittering ceremony.

Aishwarya Dhanush more stills

Keywords: film-old filmmaker ,Aishwarya Dhanush, Superstar Rajinikanth, international festivals ,43rd International Film Festival , Gauri Shinde,English Vinglish’ fame, Ramesh Sippy, commercial cinema,Ang Lee’s ,Life of P,technical brilliance,Bollywood star Akshay Kumar,Rajesh Khanna,Irfan Khan, Tabu, Anurag Basu, Jackie Shroff, Resul Pookutty ,tamil film news
    Last edited by sherlyk; 11-27-2012 at 07:21 AM.