Thread: Dental Health Tips For Over 50s

Default Dental Health Tips For Over 50s

There is no truth in the rumour that tooth loss is an inevitable part of ageing. The majority of people now turn 50 with many, if not all, of their own teeth. Modern dentistry provides many effective ways to pair and replace your teeth and restore your appearance. Today, treatment concentrates on prevention of dental disease. This means that you can keep your teeth for life, and they no longer need to have large unsightly fillings.

1. It is most important to visit your dentist at recommended intervals which suit your dental condition
    and age, to screen for dental disease and more serious diseases of the mouth.

2. Tell your dentist about any general health problems and any medication you are taking as this may affect your dental health and treatment.

3. Nowadays, dental decay is often a problem for the mature adult. To prevent decay of the necks of the teeth near your gums, pay strict attention to toothbrushing (at least twice a day, especially after meals) and use dental floss between the teeth to remove plaque which causes gum disease.

4. In addition to using a fluoride toothpaste, your dentist may be able to recommend a special toothpaste for sensitive areas of your teeth.

5. A healthy, balanced diet with avoidance of sweet food and drink between meals is important to prevent the need for dental fillings or tooth loss.

6. Never place an aspirin or other painkiller against a sore tooth as this will burn the gum.

7. A smear of petroleum jelly or similar preparation should be used if you experience persistently cracked lips. Apply a sunblock for outdoor activities.

8. If you have full dentures, clean your mouth and dentures thoroughly each day and have both checked by your dentist every few years.

Keywords:tooth loss,causes gum disease,dental decay,Dental Health Tips,tooth care

I appreciate those tips. I hope I can be able to save my real teeth by 50's so not all of my teeth will be bogus one. Great post! Let me spread it! Thanks much! :D

Last edited by sherlyk; 11-11-2011 at 03:13 PM.

I also appreciate these nice ones but also some conscious about it.
    I mean, the modern researches talk about the osteoorthrytus etc.
    The loss of bones and teeth. So, whats about them?
    regards

Really good tips....!Tooth plays really a great part in the long life of the person.It is necessary to take proper care of the teeth.
    Your tips are really useful.

Last edited by sherlyk; 01-05-2012 at 04:47 PM.

Thanks a lot for sharing such a nice info. I'll discuss it certainly with my grandpa.
    There is only one issue. The shared link is not working properly!
    Can you see the problem?regards
    Last edited by sherlyk; 10-22-2012 at 03:12 PM.

Default detal health tips

hi
    its great tips so for, i admit these tips will work if any one try these tips.

Good discussion for teath and oral health, we have an tremendous variety of oral wellness and oral treatment items to help us get rid of oral plaque and parasites that are soothing on our gum area.There is so much more to know about oral wellness than basically cleaning twice a day.
    assisted living queensland
    Last edited by Frank63; 12-08-2012 at 01:08 PM. Reason: correction