Thread: 5 Benefits of Starting a Home Business

Default 5 Benefits of Starting a Home Business

Once the hectic time surrounding a move has ended, you may realize that a certain room or space would be perfect for designing a home office. This realization could easily lead to the idea of starting a home business. More and more individuals and families are starting businesses out of their homes for a variety of reasons. Consider these five home business benefits before making your decision.

No More Commute

Commuting to work or an office every day costs money. This isn't even mentioning the wear and tear on your car. Sitting in traffic or on the train day after day is a drag. Starting a home business not only will eliminate your commute, it will provide more time every day for work.

Keeping an Eye on Your Kids

If your kids are off school in the summer or not of school age yet, starting a home-based business can allow you to keep an eye on them during the day while still making money. Some entrepreneurs even go as far as hiring their children for various tasks in the business. This is particularly true for small manufacturing operations such as jewelry or other assembly line businesses. Even if you have home-based childcare, being home with your children during the day reaps a boatload of positive benefits for everyone.

Tax Deductions

Home business tax deductions are a prime reason to start working. This is particularly true for home-based businesses. The portion of your new home that is used for business activities is tax deductible on your Federal tax return. This benefit alone, even if your business does not succeed, creates a massive incentive for starting a home business.

Reduction of Overhead

Overhead means the costs associated with running any business. These costs are generally fixed and include rent, utilities, salaries, product costs and anything else needed to produce a profit. Having your business operated out of your home eliminates the need to pay extra rent, among many other overhead costs. Remember, cutting costs is the key to solid profits in any business.

Ease of Testing out New Ideas

New ideas are the lifeblood of all businesses. Whether these new ideas are marketing-related or for revolutionary new products, the reality is, most fail. The good news is all it takes is one to create great wealth with your business. When your business is run out of your home, testing new ideas is easier and cheaper than if your business had to pay for space. The reduction in cost makes testing out new ideas easier and more efficient.

Keywords: business, business news, starting business, home business, home office
    Last edited by minisoji; 12-20-2012 at 10:01 AM.

How to Deduct Home Business Expenses

Starting a home business, even a part-time one, is a smart idea for most people. Not only will a business provide the potential for extra money, it will also provide a variety of home business tax deductions. This means even if the business doesn't make very much, the small business tax deductions available can be used to offset your regular employment income. In addition, there is always the potential of your home business taking off, allowing you to quit the corporate rat race and be in full control of your destiny.
    Benefit from Home Business Tax Deductions

The IRS is extremely accommodating to small businesses. Its mandate from the government is to offer tax incentives and support to small businesses, part-time home-based businesses included. This means that the tax code has a variety of business expenses that can be deducted from your taxes. This article will explain how to deduct and list several of the more popular home business deductions.

Small business tax deductions are taken on schedule C of the traditional 1040 tax return. These deductions are used to offset the taxable gross income on the return. What's very appealing to small, part-time home business owners is that the gross income can include salary from regular employment. This means that business losses can lower your overall tax liability quite substantially. This alone is a prime reason to start a small, home-based business. Just keep in mind, for the business tax deductions to add value, they need to exceed the standard deduction that everyone gets on their tax return. If the deductions do not reach the standard deduction threshold, it makes little sense to itemize and is smarter to use the standard deduction.

The major hurdle to deducting home business expenses is differentiating between personal and business costs. The IRS is very clear on this matter. You can not deduct personal expenses on your tax return. However, if you have expenses that are used partially for business and partially for personal use, the percentage used for business can be deducted on your tax return.
    Home Businesses Deductions

Here are the three primary home business tax deductions:

Home Office: This means that the space used in your home or apartment exclusively for business can be deducted. For example, if you pay $1,000 per month for rent and have set up a home office in 25% of your space, $250 per month or $3,000 for the tax year can be deducted.

Travel, Gifts and Meals: These are great deductions. Any business-related travel can be deducted. This includes all expenses incurred on the road. However, when traveling, only 50% of meals can be deducted. Any gifts given to clients are 100% tax deductible. Just remember to keep things within reason unless you want a lot of questions from the IRS.

Automobile: Any business use of your automobile is tax-deductible. There are various ways to take advantage of these home business deductions. These include mileage and depreciation.

Really helpful ideas. Starting a home business is not a easy task. Need more idea and suggestion. Business like virtual assistant , data entry services can do better in home based business.

Working from home has many advantages, from being our own boss,the personal freedom that we can enjoy, spend more time with friends and family,and mainly its a creative outlet that boosts our confidence. I experience this day to day since I work from my home.I have been into online business for the past few years,I do reselling business with Goresellers.com ,I chose
    this business because there was no way to get scammed if we found a legit reselling company.It is very easy to make a good turnover because the cost for each service is fixed by reseller and also it has a fixed commissioned pay for each sale.Since many people want to open websites for their business for attracting customers through internet they will be in need of domain related services.The customer service and payment is handled by the reselling company and hence I just have to promote the services. We definetly need skill to work from home.It may take time to learn the skills but then only we can make money through a legal away otherwise there are chances of getting scammed.

Work from home helps some one with the above advantages but as wel as make unaware from the current trends as well. Here are the Top Graphic Design Trends Every Business Should Follow in 2017

Hi,

I agree to start a business with a family will be challenging. But technology has simplified that. The Internet has made work from home far easy than one could imagine. The revolutionary optical fiber cables outperform the old copper wire internet connection speed. This revolutionary transmission solution can give 100mbps internet speed that can make work from home faster and give time to look after your family and yourself.

Default Is having a fax important?

Hello,

I'd like to know if you get to use fax on being a virtual assistant? I'm not sure if I should get or not but I'm compiling things I need, preferably free ones. I downloaded and tried the trial version of http://www.etherfax.my/

Do you think getting a subscription is a must for virtual assistants?

Thanks!!