Thread: Help me, I'm having FTP Problems.

Default Help me, I'm having FTP Problems.

To anyone who can help me. I am using my college's server to connect to the internet from my apartment/dorm. I have never been able to connect to any sort of ftp sites, how do I fix this problem?

check the LAN settings (if your connecting through one) that stuffed mine up nd i could never access ftp :(

try the setting in internet options
    for the part of ftp, tick passive mode
    see if it works

Chek proxi

Default Could Be Router

Could be your router and firewall ports also

Try doing an ftp using command prompt. Also check with your administrator regarding port 21 , whether it is open or not, since ftp uses port 21. Ordinarily this should not be a problem. Also check your firewall settings , on your computer. The primary aim of any firewall / proxy is to block direct access from Internet to the internal network through these ports and translate these two ports to another port specified by the administrator, as they are the most attacked ports from Internet. They also hide and translate your network address to an external address. They do something called PAT or Port Address Translation whereby the packets destined for these ports are translated to a different port on the internal network and vice versa and NAT or Network Address Translation for hiding your network address.
    Good Luck!