The little Sardar who had Greg Blewett's off bail flying high 15 years ago in Bangalore with a doosra has come a long way.

Harbhajan Singh still remembers his first wicket in Test cricket, as if it happened yesterday, but there's no time for him to delve into nostalgia. The Turbanator is finally playing his 100th Test match and he knows if he is not firing straight away, he might not be playing his 101st.

When somebody asked whether he is looking to recreate the magic of 2001, Bhajji smiled. "There's no point thinking about it anymore. It was a once-in-a-lifetime series. But yes, I will give my best, but whether I get 32 wickets or 23, it's another matter," Harbhajan said.

The off-spinner has seen quite a few ups and downs in his career and is now wiser for that. "I had made a few mistakes in life but I learnt a lot from this roller-coaster ride that I had. I have played with so many great players --- Sachin, Ganguly, Dravid - and they taught me never to give up," Bhajji said, talking about the journey.

Kumble, too came up for discussion and the offie, with 408 Test wickets, said: "Obviously it was great to have Kumble on the other side. One thing about him which really stood out was his intensity. Even if he was bowling the 30th over, he used to come with the same gusto and that's what pushed me as well."

The conversation veered back to his 100th Test and the feisty sardar didn't mind saying that he would be a bit nervous to start with.

"But once it starts, I think I will be fine and look to enjoy the occasion."

He is no longer an automatic choice in the team and does that bother him? Harbhajan smiled again. "Why third? I don't mind being the fourth spinner either, as long as I am playing for India."

The BCCI wants Harbhajan to regain the form of the 2001 series when he bamboozled the Aussies with a bagful of wickets.

"Congratulations @harbhajan_singh on playing his 100th Test tomorrow. Let this series be an encore of 2001. Good luck!" BCCI tweeted on Thursday, confirming the news of his selection in the playing XI.

More stills

Keywords:little Sardar , Greg Blewett, doosra,Harbhajan Singh,nostalgia, off-spinner,Sachin, Ganguly, Dravid ,Kumble, BCCI ,sports news,cricket news