When they made Himmatwala in 1983, the leading lady was from the south* Sridevi. In Himmatwala 2013, the heroine is again from the south* Tamanna. Talking about her first big ticket Bollywood film, Tamanna says the feeling hasn’t sunk as yet. “No one can replace Sridevi. one can replace Sridevi. I definitely cannot. Throughout the shoot I kept on telling myself that I should copy her. I worked honestly and was very conscious to be myself,” says the actress who has won hearts in films like Racha, 100% Love and Oosaravelli. The actress’ first Hindi film was Chand Sa Roshan Chehra (2005), which bombed at the box office. “It (Chand Sa…) was my first film. I was a novice then. So, for all practical purposes Himmatwala is my Bollywood debut.”
As soon as Sajid Khan and Vashu Bhagnani met her for the remake, she knew she was going to take the offer. “Vashuji had recommended my name. Sajid sir had seen a few films of mine. I was very excited to work with him as I love all his films. He is a master of comedy. Himmatwala has many comical moments,” Tamanna told DC.
While shooting the song Naino Mein Sapna, Tamanna felt she was in some magical world. “The set, the dresses everything was so grand. Dancing to that iconic song for four days in Hyderabad has been the most magical and memorable moment for me,” she said, adding that comparisons between the 1983 original number and this one are inevitable.
Tamanna was also very inspired by Ajay Devgn’s family. Yug used to frequently visit the sets. “He is super cute and adorable. He kept on telling Ajay, ‘Dance papa dance.’ I also admire Kajol, she is such a fine actress.”
Though she is busy with Bollywood for now, Tamanna is keen on acting in the south again. “I have three films in my kitty. One Telugu film with Naga Chaitanya, another Tamil film with Ajith and my next Hindi film is with Akshay Kumar.”

More stills

Keywords:Himmatwala ,Sridevi, Tamanna,Bollywood film, Racha, 100% Love , Oosaravelli, Chand Sa Roshan Chehra, Sajid Khan ,Vashu Bhagnani , Naino Mein Sapna, Ajay Devgn,Dance papa, Kajol,kitty, Naga Chaitanya, Tamil film , Akshay Kumar.