South actress Tamanna Bhatia, who will be seen opposite Ajay Devgn in ‘Himmatwala’ and Akshay Kumar in a masala entertainer, finds it challenging to work with a superstar as you have to struggle to make your screen space felt in the movie. Tamanna is making her debut in Bollywood with Sajid Khan’s remake of the 1983 action movie ‘Himmatwala’.
“I think there are only advantages of working with a superstar… There are no disadvantages. The good point is lot of people will come and watch the film at least,” Tamanna told PTI.
“There is an opportunity to show your talent and then people can have their opinion whether they liked the film or you or not,” she added.
On typical Bollywood masala films riding on heroes and heroines being used as an accessory, she said, “I feel for an actress commercial films are bigger challenge than a film where there is a title role for them… When you have a limited role in the film to captivate the audience, its important.”
“The job of the actor is to perform better and to attract audience even in that short span of your screen presence. It becomes more challenging as there are fewer scenes,” she said.
Tamanna feels one must keep in mind the likes and dislikes of audience while choosing a film.
“The combination of me enjoying the film is also important. Like if I am doing a film just for the heck of the role and people are not enjoying it then the purpose is defeated. The purpose should be people must see and enjoy it that is the reason we do films.
“When ‘Himmatwala’ came my way I was sure it will be super entertaining as it had Sajid Khan and Ajay Devgn. They both have been consistent with their films as people have liked their films,” Tamanna said.

More stills

Keywords:South actress, Tamanna Bhatia,Ajay Devgn ,Himmatwala,Akshay Kumar,Bollywood,Sajid Khan,Tamanna, Bollywood masala,Tamil film news