Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need help with my new web site

Default Thanks for all your ideas and help

Hello everyone,

At last i have redesigned my site. The old site was created 4 years back after looking at hundreds of websites. The colors i had used that time were rare and different. I never found a site that used that colors 4 years back.
    But i think we all have to change according to time. So at last i have given my site a new sleek and professional look after studying a lot about interface design. This was done in order to attract government and bif firms.

Do take a look at my new redesigned site. Take a look by clicking here
    www.dreamsonline.net

Before i forget i would like to thank all of you.

Harish Chouhan
    www.dreamsonline.net
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you can Dream... we can put it Online...

Default evaluation

Here you go:
    - Your site is not a valid HTML document, i.e. it is not conform the W3C standards. Check it yourself: http://validator.w3.org/
    Your Design-Shop page (design-shop/index.html), for instance, has 28 markup errors.
    - When the pages design-portfolio and design-shop are viewed with FireFox, bullets appear above each topic in the left navigation. The shortcuts menu suffers from the same problem, seemingly on all pages.
    - The "Contact us" form on every page extends a bit too much to the right going over the right shadow of the containing element. Gets worse when one zooms.
    - The CSS file css/scrollbar1.css is also not validating, though this is less of a problem as it only concerns the scrollbar.

I like the colors and the style though, but I'd fix these problems if I were you. Test your pages with more browsers than just IE, especially with FireFox. Why when all the world uses IE? Well, not any more:
    http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp
    So, about 1 of every 5 potential clients of yours will see the things I mentioned above...

Default Thanks

Hi,
    Thanks tri-design for checking those errors. Well i'll correct them with 2 days. And firefox is used by which operating system. Tell me that. I care only for internet explorer and netscape users. See there are lot of guys using smaller resolutions but we dont design sites for them right?

People should learn to use the best. Thats the way it goes. My site has recieved more than 2000 visitors in last 3 months. And when i check their information through the counter at the bottom among 1600 of them used internet explorer more than 390 used netscape and the rest were others. So i dont care for them. AS you know i mostly get clients from Canada and other work i get is as a freelancer so most of these clients have used i explorer or netscape. Well sorry for this long detailed stuff what i mean in short is i care only for Netscape and Internet explorer visitors and not others.
    And soon as possible i'll fix the errors.

Default Re: Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dreamselite
    Hi,
    And firefox is used by which operating system. Tell me that.
    FireFox is a "son of Mozilla", sure you've heard about Mozilla!
    www.mozilla.org
    FireFox is their latest browser, and many people believe that this is (at present) the most compatible boruwser... Actually, they also think IE is the worst one when it comes to standards compatibility.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamselite
    People should learn to use the best. Thats the way it goes. My site has recieved more than 2000 visitors in last 3 months. And when i check their information through the counter at the bottom among 1600 of them used internet explorer more than 390 used netscape and the rest were others. So i dont care for them.
    Well, 400 out of 2000 equals 1 out of 5 (pretty much what I told you in my previous post, right ) But let me tell you something. Netscape is based on Mozilla, and is actually a rather complient browser. The same problems I described above in my previous post apply to Netscape too (just checked that to be sure). So, from those 1600 you still have to subtract those using Netscape and you'll probably end up at sth like 1 out of 4 not using IE. Not bad, if you ask me.
    And if you're interested at statistics:
    http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp
    you can read that indeed only about 75% are using IE today!!! And I'd bet this website gets as much hits per day as your site has gotten up until now... :) So, stop thinking IE!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12