The actress, who just tested the waters in M’wood in a glam avatar, will next be seen in the 80s look in Randavathu Padam Ineya is flitting between completely opposite roles and how! The actress, who was seen in glam avatars in her recent M-Town releases, Radio and Omega.exe, will next be seen in Kollywood in a retro look.
“This is the first time I’m getting to go retro. Though, I’ll be appearing in just one song sequence of the film Randavathu Padam, which has Vimal and Remya Nambeesan in the lead. Director Venkat Prabhu joins me in the cameo. The song Rojappoo is a tribute to the 1980s era.”
Interestingly, Ineya, a popular actress in K-Town, will do another cameo in the upcoming film, Ninaithathu Yaro. “I’m glad that an upcoming artiste like me is considered good enough for cameos as well. I attribute my presence in the retro number to my film Vaagai Sooda Vaa, which might have made the makers prefer me over other actresses in the industry. My appearance is different from any role I’ve done so far. It doesn’t matter that I’m not the film’s heroine; that their choice was me for the retro number itself is like acknowledging my credibility as an actress,” she reasons.
Meanwhile, Ineya’s next release in Mollywood, Ayaal (earlier titled Nagabandham), will portray her in the village belle avatar the audience are familiar with in the Tamil film industry. “I play this girl called Chakkara, a pulluvanpattu singer who’s the second wife of the character played by Lal. It’s Kollywood where I’ve mostly done village belle characters — Vaagai Sooda Vaa and Mounaguru among them. Though, I’ve no plans to stick to any particular image in any industry,” says Ineya.

More stills

Keywords: M’wood , glam avatar, Randavathu Padam ,Ineya, Radio , Omega.exe,Kollywood, retro look,Director Venkat Prabhu,song Rojappoo,K-Town, Ninaithathu Yaro,Vaagai Sooda Vaa,Mollywood, Ayaal ,Nagabandham,Tamil film industry, Chakkara, pulluvanpattu singer, Lal,Tamil film news