Applications in the prescribed form are invited by Bangalore University from the eligible candidates for admission to the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) for the year 2013.

Applicants are required to appear for PhD Entrance Test (BUPHET) scheduled to be conducted on 11.05.2013. Candidates who have passed the NET / SLET / GATE / JRF, MPhil degree obtained through regular course work are exempted from the entrance test.

Eligibility Requirements for Admission to PhD Course:
A candidate who has obtained a Master’s Degree from Bangalore University or any University / institution in the State or from any other University recognized as equivalent thereto securing not less than 55% marks in the aggregate at the Master’s Degree Course as a whole shall be eligible to register for the PhD Degree Programme. However, in the case of SC / ST and the Category-I candidates, the minimum marks required shall be 50%.

Such of the teachers employed in affiliated colleges before 31.03.1992 and are continuing in service on a regular basis and desirous of registering for the PhD Programme shall be permitted for registration having a minimum of 50% marks at the Master’s Degree Course.

Foreign students with 55% marks or equivalent Grade in the recognized degree sponsored by their Embassies / ICCR and have passed GRE and TOFEL shall be eligible.

Applications:

Thereafter, shall download two sets of duly filled in Application Form and retain one set for his / her reference and one set to be sent to The Registrar (Evaluation), Central College Campus, Ambedkar Veedi, Bangalore University, Bangalore – 560 001.

The candidates shall submit duly filled-in application through online only along with fees of Rs.1500/- for Entrance and Rs. 1000/- for non-entrance candidates (50% of the prescribed fee for SC / ST and Category-I Candidates) to the University SBM Nagarbhavi A/C No. 64075075224 on or before 10.04.2013 up to 6 pm.

The admission tickets of the eligible candidates shall be downloaded between 01.05.2013 to 10.05.2013 by entering their date of birth or mobile number.

Enclosures:
1. The copies of the following documents shall be scanned and enclosed to the application form.
2. Copies of statement of marks of Master’s degree & MPhil Part-I & II examinations (wherever applicable).
3. Copy of the Caste certificate in case of SC / ST / Category-I / II-A / II-B / III-A / III-B candidates.
4. Document pertaining to UGC-JRF / CSIR-JRF / NET / SLET / GATE / FIP / QIP / specialized funded projects / Govt., sponsored foreign students (wherever applicable).
5. However, selected candidates have to submit Migration Certificate and Eligibility Certificate at the time of registration.
6. Scanned copy of the latest passport size photograph on the application form.
7. Proof for having paid required fees i.e. copy of bank Challan.

Important Dates:
Last date for the receipt of application 10.04.2013
Date of Entrance Test 11.05.2013
Announcement of answer key 12.05.2013

Keywords:Bangalore University, degree of Doctor , Philosophy ,PhD, PhD Entrance Test ,BUPHET, NET , SLET ,GATE ,JRF, MPhil degree , PhD Course, Master’s Degree Course ,SBM Nagarbhavi ,UGC-JRF ,education news