Thread: System restore won't work

Default System restore won't work

Ok. I need some help. System restore for me is not working. Here are some symptoms
    1. I tried right clicking on it and clicking "run as" and it says, "you dont have sufficient security priviledges to restore your system. Please contact your administrator, or logout and login as an administrator and try again." The thing is, I am the administrator.
    2. I tried going in Safe Mode. When i went into safe mode, i found that there were two accounts, Administrator and Me.
    3. I logged in as Administrator in Safe Mode. System restore still did not work. It said that a device attatched to it was not working.
    4. Everythingelse is working fine.- i can log onto my account with no problem, run all my programs and stuff.
    5. I ran a program that can recover deleted files- one of the results was that i deleted some files with the phrase "restorepoints", but for some reason, the program won't let me recover the files back to the original folder. the program also recovered some files where the original location was like c://<unknown> or something.

Do I need to reinstall Windows completely or can i just used the Windows CD to fix this (ie recover those files not in the system)?
    Can someone please tell me what to do with this problem? thanks!!

Default Parkie871 Solution

Hi, wish u be lated happy friendshipday,
    I have solution of your problem and it is that if you have installed Windows XP then just do following steps

Start your PC and boot from XP cd it will do certain process and after that it will ask you for installing the newer copy of your xp ignore that and select Repaire and then let the installation compelte the task you want lose your software it will remove all the error from your OS

That or u have a virus thats restricking ur acces privallges so ya u might have a prob if u dont get rid of it