This season we've seen Rohit Sharma in an unfamiliar avatar, that of captain, with spectacular results for the Mumbai Indians. On the eve of the game against CSK, Sharma spoke on a range of issues.

Excerpts...

On the recent spot-fixing controversy...

We are professionals. We don't want to think too much about it. We don't want to get distracted. We've got a more important job to do than to think about all that.

On coping with the captaincy...

When it (the captaincy) came to me it was like a huge challenge. But it didn't come as a big surprise because I was the vice-captain for the last two years and have been kept in the loop. It came at the right time for me. I'm spending more time in the middle. It's really reflecting on my performance. I'm very happy with the way things have gone.

On Mitchell Johnson and Harbhajan's success this year...

Johnson has been giving us the initial breakthroughs. He's been doing it for Australia for so many years. He is probably the best bowler. This has been a good season for Harbhajan, he has been fantastic. We are also depending on his batting down the order.

On having beaten CSK twice already...

I'm not doubting them, they are a very good side but we've been playing consistently. The pressure is on them. If we play to our potential we can beat them again.

On the neutral venue...

I don't believe in home and away advantage. Even CSK don't have a good away record. It's all about playing good cricket.

On whether Sachin Tendulkar, who is back at the nets, will be fit for the game...

We don't know yet if Sachin is fit. We'll take a call tomorrow.

More stills

Keywords:Rohit Sharma, captain,CSK,IPL Videos,vice-captain , Mitchell Johnson,Harbhajan, good cricket,Sachin Tendulkar,cricket news,sports news