Brad Pitt finds it difficult to remember faces and believes he may be suffering from a condition called prosopagnosia or face blindness. The World War Z actor, 49, has landed him in trouble in the past because of his inability to remember faces.
Brad Pitt says that even if he’s had a “real conversation” with someone, he’ll forget what the person looks like almost as soon as he or she walks away, the Us reported quoting Pitt’s Esquire interview.
“So many people hate me because they think I’m disrespecting them,” Brad Pitt said.
In an attempt to remedy the situation, Pitt tried asking people to tell him where they’d met before. But that actually made things worse.
“People were more offended. Every now and then, someone will give me context, and I’ll say, ‘Thank you for helping me.’ But I piss more people off. You get this thing, like, ‘You’re being egotistical. You’re being conceited.’ But it’s a mystery to me, man. I can’t grasp a face, and yet I come from such a design/aesthetic point of view.”
The actor — who has six children with fiancee Angelina Jolie — says he plans to get tested for prosopagnosia. But in the meantime, he’s trying to minimise the number of people he offends by not going out as much.
“That’s why I stay at home,” he says.

The actor spends that time by hanging out with his six children.

More stills

Keywords:Brad Pitt , prosopagnosia , face blindness, World War Z actor,Esquire interview, design,aesthetic , Angelina Jolie,Hollywood film news