Pretty Asmita Sood doesn’t hide her excitement on playing ‘Aami’ in the anthology Anchu Sundarikal, in Anwar Rasheed’s flick. She is all smiles while talking about her character ‘Aami’. The lady who has proved her acting talent in Sandalwood and Tollywood is a successful model too! Seen in Channel V’s Get Gorgeous, Asmita’s tryst with glitz and glamour began two years ago. Getting an opportunity to work with renowned names, Asmita says she could not have asked for a better start in Mollywood. Mollywood Asmita will don the role of a Muslim wife, and will be paired opposite Fahadh Faasil. “While I was shooting for a textile ad, Anwar’s friend spotted me and recommended me to him. I sent my pictures and Anwar called me for the role,” says Asmita who is currently working for a Telegu movie.
The beautiful actress from Shimla says she didn’t have to take audition for Anchu Sundarikal. “Maybe its producer Amal and my director Anwar thought I fit the bill,“ she smiles.
Asmita recollects how working with a young team was bliss, and her entry into Mollywood was power packed! “The team was full of energy and zest. Anwar is a perfectionist, and knows what he wants from his actors. Though our languages are absolutely different, we never had a communication gap,” recollects Asmita.
“I play a girl who gets married at a young age. My character is important as the movie revolves around this one,” says Asmita when asked about her role in the movie. “It feels great to have shared screen-space with Fahadh as well. He is a brilliant actor. Right?” asks the pretty actress.
Though she received offers from Mollywood earlier, she had to refuse them due to time constraints. “To me, the director with whom I’m working matters most. It feels great to have made a debut in an Anwar Rasheed movie,” she comments. “I cannot be too choosy about my roles, as I’m quite new to the industry. I have my reservations while choosing a character. But I ensure that I take up the best,” she adds.
Though other industries are keeping her busy, Asmita wants to do more roles in Mollywood. The actress is awaiting the release of her film to determine if she will be seen more often here. “Let’s see if my character is accepted,” she said as a parting shot.

More stills

Keywords: Asmita Sood ,Aami,Anchu Sundarikal, Anwar Rasheed,Aami, Sandalwood,Tollywood , model, Channel, Gorgeous, Mollywood, Fahadh Faasil, Anchu Sundarikal,malayalam film news