Deepika Padukone is on a high with back to back success of 'Cocktail', 'Race 2' and recently, 'Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani'. More so, her character in 'Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani' is loved by one and all. The actress was seen for the first time with geeky spectacles on screen. The look of the actor was appreciated by audiences.

Deepika too loved her spectacled look in the film. She has loved the glasses so much that she has asked Karan Johar if she can keep them as souvenir. When asked, the actor said, "Naina is a special character for me.

The glasses helped me live that part. I'd like to keep them as a memory of her." An insider close to her added that Deepika asked Karan Johar (the film's producer) to send her the glasses, "She's emotional about the character, and the glasses were an important part of it. Also, people kept calling her 'chashmish' (a term she was addressed as in the film too)."

The spectacles are currently with the team at Dharma Productions, but Karan has already given them instructions to send the pair to Deepika. "She has never worn glasses in her other films, so she wants to keep these as a souvenir. She's also relieved that the audience liked her bespectacled look," said the insider.

More stills

Keywords:Deepika Padukone,Cocktail,Race 2,Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani,Karan Johar ,chashmish,Hindi film news,Bollywood film news